DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I like it and it will be my first Browser as soon as RoboForm support it.

From FB :
"RoboForm Password Manager Hi We do not currently have a plan to support Vivaldi, but I'll certainly pass your request along to our developers to see if it's a possibility in the the future". 22 Dec 2015

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Because of that video then I'm planning to install Vivaldi because of multi tasking view feature.

That is so far one of unique features compare on other major browsers around, but still its a user preference choice.

Customization or Performance? That will be a big choice for now.

When you will install it , can you check in "chrome://flags/" if Enable Appcontainer is available?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
When you will install it , can you check in "chrome://flags/" if Enable Appcontainer is available?
Yes, there is. "Default" is the default option.
And it's vivaldi://flags
Code:
Enable AppContainer Lockdown. Windows
Enables the use of an AppContainer on sandboxed processes to improve security. #enable-appcontainer

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I like it and it will be my first Browser as soon as RoboForm support it.

Installing directly the RoboForm extension in Vivaldi doesn't make RoboForm working, as the complete program is needed, but doesn't recognize Vivaldi.

But I've found how to make RoboForm working with Vivaldi !
- I installed Google Chrome + reinstalled Roboform checking "Google Chrome" for browser integration (Checking it directly in the options only temporaly worked).
- Then, In Roboform => Options => Browser integration => "Chromium and Chromium-based browsers = > clicked on "...", dragged the icon to Vivaldi 's chrome://extensions/ page (it installed a Roboform extension), and Rock & rolls !

A fully based Chromium browser so do not expect that privacy will be a big improvements, considering that having this browser makes more convenient for others + revenues to Google. ;)
As Chromium is open source, I hope they removed the "bad part" from google chrome :eek:

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I'm yet to see a reason to switch from standard Chrome to Vivaldi (on PC).
Some say its an optimized Chromium but arent all other browsers built on Chromium optimized one way or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.