Advice Request What's the Best HDD Encryption software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
I've been looking high and low for a HDD encryption software.

I want to try it on my personal laptop first,so I could then mount a case for corporate implementation.We have a lot of mobile users that carry sensitive data around and I want to make sure that in any situation(like car break-ins...very common here),what they gain is a massive paperweight.

Pre-boot and BIOS authentication is a must.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
I like Veracrypt. It's free, available in most OS's and, I believe, fully-featured. It is capable of encrypting the system partition, but I don't know if pre-boot and Bios authentication is available.

Reactions: StriderHunterX

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
VeraCrypt is a really user-friendly and good encryption software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.