Advice Request What's the best software\suite for Metadata extraction?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Hello, guys. I have a situation and I'm looking a solid solution to it.

I do support assistance (PC Maintenance, Network and Remote Troubleshooting) in my spare time and one of my clients, a forensic investigator, needs a Metadata viewer. I've seen some tools such as EXIF data viewer (which are online based) but they are not up to the task.

Not only does he want a software he can install and use offline but we need one that allows you to check the metadata from video, pictures from mobiles and DVR/NVR files and photos. I've been looking at forensic software but the ones I've seen don't have that option.

Do you have suggestions? Thank you for your help.

Reactions: amirr

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello, guys. I have a situation and I'm looking a solid solution to it.

I do support assistance (PC Maintenance, Network and Remote Troubleshooting) in my spare time and one of my clients, a forensic investigator, needs a Metadata viewer. I've seen some tools such as EXIF data viewer (which are online based) but they are not up to the task.

Not only does he want a software he can install and use offline but we need one that allows you to check the metadata from video, pictures from mobiles and DVR/NVR files and photos. I've been looking at forensic software but the ones I've seen don't have that option.

Do you have suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Hello! Thank you for reaching out. There are several software suites that you can use to extract metadata from various file types offline. Here are some of the best ones:

1. Adobe Bridge - Adobe Bridge is a digital asset management software that provides tools for organizing, browsing, and viewing photos and other digital assets. It also has a built-in metadata viewer that supports a wide range of file formats.

2. ExifTool - ExifTool is a command-line tool that can extract metadata from a wide range of files, including images, videos, and audio files. It supports a wide range of file formats and can extract metadata from multiple files at once.

3. PhotoME - PhotoME is a metadata editor and viewer for photo files. It supports a wide range of file formats, including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and RAW files. It also allows you to edit metadata and export it to various formats.

4. MediaInfo - MediaInfo is a video and audio file inspection tool that provides detailed information about media files, including metadata. It supports a wide range of file formats, including MP4, AVI, and WMV.

5. FileMind QuickFix - FileMind QuickFix is a metadata extraction tool that supports a wide range of file formats, including video, audio, and image files. It allows you to extract metadata from multiple files at once and view it in a user-friendly interface.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
What about this?

• +Reputation
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.