Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Here's mine;

Real-time Protection:
> Qihoo 360 Internet Security
> Windows Firewall with Windows Firewall Control (Behind a Router)
> Zemana AntiLogger
> Hitman Pro.alert
> McShield Anti-Malware
> AdGuard

On-Demand:
> MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
> Hitman Pro
> herdProtect
> Shadow Defender
> Sandboxie

and Common Sense Ultimate Security

What's yours? :)

D

Deleted member 178

They work really well :) NVTERP can keep unknown from running at all, where as Appguard let a known program run but will keep it from touching the system space

interesting approach. Both on Lockdown mode?

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
interesting approach. Both on Lockdown mode?
First of all in a clean system i will install all updates and security stuffs then i will install NVTERP and whitelist C:\Program files, C:\Program files (x86) and C:\windows then i will use Lockdown mode so nothing can get pass.....
Appguard will protect from UserSpace but NVTERP can protect the system space as well :) so its a great combo also When Appguard is in install mode its vulnerable so i keep NVTERP in alert mode and i will still be protected :) after that i will change NVTERP to LockDown mode and AppGuard also in LockDown mode :)

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I also wanted to use Appguard-NVTERP tandem when I was using Windows 7.

Reactions: Logethica

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
What about adding NVT Driver Radar Pro to your setup? AppGuard+NVTERP+NVTDRP = :D:D:D

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
1 Antivirus, 1 Firewall, 1 on-demand scanner, with appropriate Windows Security features enabled.

Administrator user account
- Suits my requirements
Password-protected user account
- No unauthorised use
- PIN and Picture passcodes disabled
Enabled DEP for all programs and services

Windows Defender with real-time protection
- Exclusions added
- Automatic sample submission
- Advanced MAPS membership

Windows SmartScreen
- When it decides it wants to work

Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Custom rules for certain portable applications

User Access Control
- Default settings with Dim screen

ESET Online Scanner
VirusTotal Uploader 2.2 Beta

Simple and easy, no conflicts or slow start-ups.

looda

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 11, 2014
i allows change my suit but now i work with avast Internet security and nothing else and after an hour i will change it :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@looda See that's the problem with using an Internet Security suite that doesn't meet your requirements. You switch and change before the day is up. It's better to use the layered approach, that way you can full utilise the products.

In Avast Internet Securty, you'd most probably only use the AV's real-time protection. Some may use the browser extensions whether they are aware of it or not. And I've never heard of anyone using the Manual Sandbox, Anti-Spam or Firewall. So what's the point of using a Suite? (Except for Bragging rights :rolleyes:)

Most are better of using the Free version, Avast Free AV without the bloat.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.