Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Today we're introducing a desktop app so you have a new way to stay in touch anytime and anywhere - whether on your phone or computer at home or work. Like WhatsApp Web, our desktop app is simply an extension of your phone: the app mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device.

The new desktop app is available for Windows 8+ and Mac OS 10.9+ and is synced with WhatsApp on your mobile device. Because the app runs natively on your desktop, you'll have support for native desktop notifications, better keyboard shortcuts, and more."

Getting Started:
  • Open WhatsApp on desktop > Scan QR Code from WhatsApp for Web Camera, on mobile device
Apply for BETA Updates:
  • Open WhatsApp > Help > Get Beta Updates
upload_2016-5-11_14-31-24.png

Download: WhatsApp :: Download

Terms: WhatsApp :: Legal

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Interesting but it still mirrors the phone. I just want a standalone application like the one viber has. Is that too much to ask?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Although similar, it's better than WhatsApp for Web. :p Unless you're the sort to leave the browser open and not regularly clear your cookies.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Interesting but it still mirrors the phone. I just want a standalone application like the one viber has. Is that too much to ask?
Totally agree with you, I thought this update would show something like that where it would be it's own standalone app because with this it just keeps having dropped connections when the phone isn't updating itself and of course drains your data if you're not connected to wifi.

Disappointed that this release is just almost exactly what we get from the browser

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Although similar, it's better than WhatsApp for Web. :p Unless you're the sort to leave the browser open and not regularly clear your cookies.
I am in a way that guy. I leave the browser always open and selectively keep cookies for sites i want like whatsapp site.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I think by and by all the features will come to the standalone app. But until then its thumbs down from me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.