Where can I ask a question?

TMullins

Thread author
Jan 8, 2022
I don't have a tip, I just need some help. When using the malware removal guide for Mac, step 1, my computer will not allow me to remove the unwanted profiles without putting in a password. I get a "Profiles needs your password" message or something like that. I'm stuck at Step 1 already!

TMullins

Thread author
Jan 8, 2022
How are you. I guess the problem is that you don't have the password, correct?
I do, but I got scared when I saw that screen. The reason I'm doing this is that I have a popup "Apple wants to make changes" virus and the screen looks just like the one that says "Profiles wants to make changes." I wanted to be sure that it is OK for me to put in my user name and password for the Profiles one. It makes sense that I would be safe to do so since I'm the one initiating the changes, but I didn't want to make a big mistake I'd regret.

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
I do, but I got scared when I saw that screen. The reason I'm doing this is that I have a popup "Apple wants to make changes" virus and the screen looks just like the one that says "Profiles wants to make changes." I wanted to be sure that it is OK for me to put in my user name and password for the Profiles one. It makes sense that I would be safe to do so since I'm the one initiating the changes, but I didn't want to make a big mistake I'd regret.
I understand. It should not be a problem that you enter the password, an attack of another nature does not need your password to act.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.