Where is the internet?

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Very Interesting read...

What is the Internet? The Internet is a global interconnected communication platform. Wikipedia defines it like this “The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (often called TCP/IP, although not all protocols use TCP) to serve billions of users worldwide.”

worldinternetstats.jpg

Where did the internet come from? The Internet was conceived and born in the 1960′s from United States Military research into a self adjusting and resilient communication system that would be able self route or reroute a message incase of nuclear war. They called it ARPANET. The concern at the time was that communications would be crippled by war. It was then expanded and standards grew in the academic arena. It piggybacked on the telecommunication network built by Edison, ATT and Ma Bell and still uses these networks and since it has grow to travel on other media such as fiber optics, microwave and satellite transmissions. Now in 2012 it is also readily available to cell phones in most countries.
More...
http://goo.gl/3P9zu

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
MRF71 said:
Where did the internet come from? The Internet was conceived and born in the 1960′s from United States Military research into a self adjusting and resilient communication system that would be able self route or reroute a message incase of nuclear war. They called it ARPANET.
Good info offenly no one share article like this :)

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks, I thought it was very interesting

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
MRF71 said:
I thought it was very interesting
Yes it is very interesting because we all use the internet but how many of us know internet's birthday even i also don't know about it,thanx for sharing:)

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I thought North America would have more than 12%

D

Deleted member 178

superboy123 said:
Woww....asia is the biggest internet user....

For example in Vietnam where i live, a lot of people use internet to get news that the government doesn't reveal, and many many use facebook or yahoo messenger

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
The internet came from Lockheed Skunkworks, Area 51 just after they reverse engineered the wreckage from Roswell. Haha

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Very interesting material,I also would have thought that North America would have a bigger piece of the pie.Whats interesting is the U.S. Government invented it and now they are trying to take it back.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Oh Asia.....How much I need to visit you and your amazing country of South Korea :D

D

Deleted member 178

3link9 said:
Oh Asia.....How much I need to visit you and your amazing country of South Korea :D

uhm let me guess the reason, K-pop girls band ? :p

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
superboy123 said:
Woww....asia is the biggest internet user....

For example in Vietnam where i live, a lot of people use internet to get news that the government doesn't reveal, and many many use facebook or yahoo messenger

Yes,it same with malaysia where i live....a lot of people use internet to get new about sport,government,artist and more...and dont forget about social such as facebook and twitter.....

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
3link9 said:

You should also definitely check out Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia as well, not to mention Japan (oh boy there are so many good places to go :-S)

:lolz::google:

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
mercurial said:
3link9 said:

You should also definitely check out Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia as well, not to mention Japan (oh boy there are so many good places to go :-S)

:lolz::google:

Yes,malaysia,indonesia and singapore have many beautiful place....you can go holiday with family at malaysia with cheapest price....at malaysia have beautiful island.....and dont forget 'Melaka' the town with many history about it....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.