Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Comparison of antivirus software - Wikipedia

I am currently adding countries to my list of recommended software and I can not find out a few.
I really dislike software, which hides its origin, they obviously know why, that makes it even worse.
Whenever for legal or personal reasons, I just want to know and let it be shown, so people can choose.

Sandboxie? I guess US (Fairfax, VA).

Glasswire? Germany? Cleverbridge is based in Germany.

VoodooShield? I guess US (in Kansas), but they do not list it.

Comparison of antivirus software - Wikipedia

I am currently adding countries to my list of recommended software and I can not find out a few.
I really dislike software, which hides its origin, they obviously know why, that makes it even worse.
Whenever for legal or personal reasons, I just want to know and let it be shown, so people can choose.

Sandboxie? I guess US (Fairfax, VA).

Glasswire? Germany? Cleverbridge is based in Germany.

VoodooShield? I guess US (in Kansas), but they do not list it.

Glasswire is published by Securemix LLC - a U.S. based company.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Oftentimes the structures are a bit convoluted, so it's not always easy to tell what's what. Especially online companys are known to have a mailbox in some jurisdiction with lenient tax jurisdictions while the real owner is merrily sipping away at his Mai Tai on the other side of the planet. The Internet makes the world a pretty small place. :D

Here's Glasswire's (Securemix LLC d/b/a Glasswire) structure for example:
2017-09-01_11-22-23.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.