Advice Request Where to install Disk Imaging Software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I agree, but I do clone, and it has never cloned a drive that didn't boot.
Once I clone I store the source and boot to the newly created clone.
This has advantages and the obvious one is that it assures that the cloned drive
is in working order, I have never not once had a cloned drive fail to boot , not all solutions
are that reliable, that's worth the money to me ;)
I know that's why i said for those that clone it's worth it and it's cost effective. I remember you clone. ;)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I also keep my Windows on a separate drive to my data. That way when you restore Windows you dont wipe out your recent data.
this is an important point.

I have found time and again that after a system restore, dropbox desktop app is smart enough to sync back the recent files, and also to sync back the most recent version of existing files.

can't say the same for OneDrive. I have to keep it on a separate drive, so I won't lose my changes when I restore the system. I would use dropbox for everything, but they don't give much free space

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
this is an important point.

I have found time and again that after a system restore, dropbox desktop app is smart enough to sync back the recent files, and also to sync back the most recent version of existing files.

can't say the same for OneDrive. I have to keep it on a separate drive, so I won't lose my changes when I restore the system. I would use dropbox for everything, but they don't give much free space

I do the same thing. With my game installs too because I don't need those backed up. Way to big as well.

Didn't know about the dropbox desktop app being that smart though. Good idea to keep my Thunderbird email up to date. I always forget to backup my Thunderbird email profile :(

D

Deleted member 2913

Thanks good to know there is a free software imaging program like Macrium Reflect Pro (I guess you could say) that has all the features of it!

A lot of people that ask me questions on a imaging software this will come in handy! Most don't want to pay. :(
EaseUS is good & small download too i.e app 115 MB covers everything compared to Macrium 1 GB download for everything.

If I remember correctly, Macrium "check image" is fast too i.e checking single image.
When I tried "check image" with EaseUS i.e checking single image, it mentioned app 1 hour to complete, I waited for 10 mins & cancelled (single incremental backup was app 70-80 MB). I cancelled & tried all the images check And all the images check was done in 1 & half hour or so (full backup & 3-4 incremental backup) & was successful i.e images were fine as per check image. So it seems either single image check is buggy i.e even if single image is selected, it is checking all the images or may be I didn't give it enough time to run i.e it could have completed in 15,20 or so mins. Anyway, still I have mentioned this in their forum.

I find Macrium Paid the best, speed, stability, reliability, etc...
So if you can get it then good.
Macrium giveaway is currently going on here at MalwareTips.

And I find EaseUS free overall a good product with good features.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
EaseUS is good & small download too i.e app 115 MB covers everything compared to Macrium 1 GB download for everything.

If I remember correctly, Macrium "check image" is fast too i.e checking single image.
When I tried "check image" with EaseUS i.e checking single image, it mentioned app 1 hour to complete, I waited for 10 mins & cancelled (single incremental backup was app 70-80 MB). I cancelled & tried all the images check And all the images check was done in 1 & half hour or so (full backup & 3-4 incremental backup) & was successful i.e images were fine as per check image. So it seems either single image check is buggy i.e even if single image is selected, it is checking all the images or may be I didn't give it enough time to run i.e it could have completed in 15,20 or so mins. Anyway, still I have mentioned this in their forum.

I find Macrium Paid the best, speed, stability, reliability, etc...
So if you can get it then good.
Macrium giveaway is currently going on here at MalwareTips.

And I find EaseUS free overall a good product with good features.
On the EaseUS site, compare versions page, they indicate that the paid version is faster in backup and recovery.

D

Deleted member 2913

On the EaseUS site, compare versions page, they indicate that the paid version is faster in backup and recovery.
I think the comparison is misleading to sell higher edition.

I tried EaseUS Home & Workstation i.e Full & Incremental Backup And time/speed was the same for both Home & Workstation edition.
So I think Free edition will give the same results too.

And how can there be speed difference when the installed stuffs are same & only license decides the version & makes available the not available features?

Parsh, a member here was using Free version, he can give us info on free version.

By the way, I am talking here of the latest version i.e EaseUS Backup V10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.