Battle Which Android Phone brand is the easiest to use

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012

I was wondering which android phone brand is the easiest to use since I have cerebral palsy that and I can only use one hand?
Should I get a 5 Inch screen or go for a bigger size?

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I know a mobile phone mechanic. He advised us to avoid LG brand specifically because he got a bunch of dead LG phones of all models, especially G4, V10. He said they have problems with durability and quality management. He also said bootloop issues occur in almost all models, G4 and V10 have the most

He also said HTC is durable but if there are hardware issues, it's difficult to find replacements

Samsung has a lot of replacements and they are quite good. However, the fee for replacing the screen is very high. Just don't break your screen if you have a Samsung. The fee for replacing samsung is OK

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
I would like to recommend to give Xiaomi a try, I use the Note 4X and it is very good for it's price and has awesome battery life. As for difficulty in using a phone I think that they are close to the same thing, all you will need is a little time to get used to the device.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
I know a mobile phone mechanic. He advised us to avoid LG brand specifically because he got a bunch of dead LG phones of all models, especially G4, V10. He said they have problems with durability and quality management. He also said bootloop issues occur in almost all models, G4 and V10 have the most

He also said HTC is durable but if there are hardware issues, it's difficult to find replacements

Samsung has a lot of replacements and they are quite good. However, the fee for replacing the screen is very high. Just don't break your screen if you have a Samsung. The fee for replacing samsung is OK
Could you please ask him what Moto is like?

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014

I have cerebral palsy that and I can only use one hand?

For one hand use you have to choose a mobile with 5 inch or smaller size. Few mobiles even provide one hand usage where you have a smaller screen to operate.
I would suggest 5 inch samsung phone and enable simple mode which makes the icon bigger.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Sony, they are the best for optimizing the OS.
true true. they have the best optimization but I'm scared of their hardware issues
I have a Z3 and it had touchscreen problem. So many people had the same issue that we can youtube or google for several results
even the newer models also have similar issue

I dropped sony since

I was wondering which android phone brand is the easiest to use since I have cerebral palsy that and I can only use one hand?

Do you use only your thumb or do you lay your phone in your lap or table\chair and use your other fingers ?

I have a relative confined to a chair that uses the integrated table and uses her right hand only to operate her phone. She prefers a 5.96" jumbo screen phone because she uses her index finger.

If you use your lap, then a larger screen size will be beneficial if you prefer to use your fingers. I see some people just like to use their thumbs. They like smaller size screens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vasudev

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
that is why you have screen issues, you don't drop your phone on the floor !!!! (just kidding :p )

i have an Xperia XA1 Ultra, no issues so far.
I started noticing the problem when I travelled from VN to hungary. It suddenly appeared without any cause
Just don't understand why :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
These all phone are running on Android and Google pixel have stock android other comes with their own skins over the android. I don't think its complicated to use android if your existing user if you're switching from other O.S than its difficult to understand and It takes few hours to understand new phone.
I recommend you Samsung because Samsung is present almost in every country of the world. Whenever you need any help you can connect your cellphone providers for assistants and Samsung phones built quality is decent. If other manufactures have a stronghold in your country then go with that company phone.And stayway from chinese brands

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Could you please ask him what Moto is like?
They use stock OS. One word of advice to android users is to enable USb debugging in developer options because if your screen is dead or blackscreens on you, with this option you can recover your data. My cousin's lenovo vibe shot screen went poof and I tried numerous tools w/o any success all of them asked to enable usb debugging mode to recover data. W/o the screen its impossible. he switched to Nokia 8.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I would have thought Google/Moto phones as they have "pure" Android instead of manufacturers amendments. Also the fastest to get updates apparently.

In my opinion, Apple's iOS is the easiest of all to use (and the most secure) but you normally pay lots,lots more for the privilege !

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I don't know that the "brand" matters. All Android phones, in terms of their operation, are pretty much the same because they use the same operating system and perform pretty much the same functions.

It is like you owning a Windows 10 HP PC, and you step up to a Dell PC or an ACER PC that run Windows 10. They function very much the same.

I think only you can answer this because only you know what feels right in your hand. You need to visit a smart phone store and pick them up and see (feel) how they feel in your hand. You might prefer a smaller phone as it might be easier to grip. Or maybe a large screen format is easier to handle and operate (and see). And you can talks to the folks there about "accessibility" or (as Windows calls them) "Ease of Access" features as, no doubt, there are many users out there with physical limitations like you.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
First I have no experience with Cerebral palsy so I read up on it.

Some things you can do yourself,
  • Ask in-store at your local branch including Apple Store (if nearby) about Assistive Technology that's present in modern Android and iOS smartphones. There's no harm in asking about iOS for comparative reasons.
  • Try the devices in-person as everyone has different size of hands
  • Protective cases may make the device harder to hold, compared to no case. Don't forget to you can always ask in-store to try with a case installed.
  • Are you comfortable with using voice-control?
I'll leave this link below, as an example, because I cannot make a recommendation based on this.
Assistive Technology on iOS, Use Switch Control to navigate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Protective cases may make the device harder to hold, compared to no case.
I agree. However, a "skin" (rubber cover for the backs and edges) can make the phone much less slippery and provide much better protection from damage due to drops compared to no skin or no case.

I have a skin on mine and I really like it. I have dropped my phone more than once on the garage concrete floor with no apparent damage. I also put a ballistic glass screen protector on the screen. It does not affect operation, but does provide excellent scratch protection. That said, many phones come with ballistic glass screens now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.