Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Title says it all.

Which Anti-Theft application do you use for your smartphone device?

Edit: For all common OSes, Android, iOS, WP8.

I'll add a Poll (so remember to come back and vote :D), when I get an idea what kind of services are available.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Avast Anti-Theft. It's free, easy to use, and it has a lot of features. Nothing else comes close to this product.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Jack said:
Avast Anti-Theft. It's free, easy to use, and it has a lot of features. Nothing else comes close to this product.

There is another one, only one I can think of at the moment is what Jack said, Avast.

I'm assuming your talking about Android?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I meant for ALL common smartphones OSes, Android, iOS, WP8.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
I meant for ALL common smartphones OSes, Android, iOS, WP8.

I can only suggest ones I've heard of for Android, as I don't own any other mobile OS.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I've been using Cerberus for my Android mobile for a long time since there was a giveaway for it.

I love its features and I can have up to 5 devices on the one account.

So far it hasn't failed yet, nor can I say I've had any of my devices stolen but I'm glad to have it ready for when the need arises.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
For Android, I use Cerberus, which I had for free through a giveaway. If you want a free app, avast is what I recommend.

For iOS, I found this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8&ls=1
The disadvantage of this is that you can find the lost device only from another iPhone/iPad. There is prey, but I find its free version to be a bit too limited. There are other apps but I remember the device need to be jail broken (am I right?).

I can't find any app for Windows phone.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I did some research and found that "Find My i/Phone" are both part of WP and iOS, requiring either MS/iCloud account.

Android is out of the question, looking for iOS / WP8 Anti-Theft responses. Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.