• Compatibility
  • Reliability
  • System Resource Impact
Using the criteria above:
  • ESET
  • ESET
  • ESET
2nd pick antivirus based upon protection:

For everyday, typical use, then either one is good base-line protection.

NOTE: You would be better off considering Emsisoft Internet Security instead of Bitdefender; Bitdefender has many bugs and mis-behaves for many, many users.

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
Verified
Based on the overall current verdict, ESET has an edge compare to Bitdefender in much circumstances which been proved through many test and debates.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Maxxx58

Level 13
I vote for Bitdefender because i'm currently using it as my primary AV, and i kinda like it so far. Also, no major slow down at all after installing Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and this is day 2 of using it.
How about its RAM usage? Can you post screenshot of Task Manager on your computer. Thanks

SloppyMcFloppy

How about its RAM usage? Can you post screenshot of Task Manager on your computer. Thanks
Bitdefender idle RAM usage = 173MB

Bitdefender RAM usage when i open 4 applications *Notice, the ProductAgent is 3MB in this situation = 199MB

This was at maximum settings. On-access scanning = aggressive, Active Threat Control = aggressive, and Intrusion Detection System = aggressive, and Autopilot was turn on. Also, the RAM usage can sometimes go as high as 225MB in my case. Not really please with the RAM usage, but so far i haven't notice any major system slow down or browser speed reduce.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Bitdefender idle RAM usage = 173MB

Bitdefender RAM usage when i open 4 applications *Notice, the ProductAgent is 3MB in this situation = 199MB
This was at maximum settings. On-access scanning = aggressive, Active Threat Control = aggressive, and Intrusion Detection System = aggressive, and Autopilot was turn on. Also, the RAM usage can sometimes go as high as 225MB in my case. Not really please with the RAM usage, but so far i haven't notice any major system slow down or browser speed reduce.
You don't notice any slow down because you have a beast machine with plenty of RAM :D. My computer has only 8GB of RAM, maybe some lags on it

SloppyMcFloppy

You don't notice any slow down because you have a beast machine with plenty of RAM :D. My computer has only 8GB of RAM, maybe some lags on it
Well, good thing is i have OS install on SSD to process things faster. In addition with 32GB DDR3 RAM and i7-4790k that should be no problem of handle Bitdefender. However, i don't want Bitdefender to use more than 150MB in general because that is way too much for antivirus single engine itself. They could do something about Bitdefender Security Service process because that's the only Bitdefender process consume that much RAM.

Reactions: Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.