Battle which antivirus is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricia2626

Thread author
Jun 7, 2015
i like eset smart security vs kaspery internet security vs avast premier which one is better to use for basic person who doesn't use this computer only for gaming and he haves a another one to do anything else

S

starchild76

when win 8.1 use windows defender , on win 7 microsoft security essentials , because these are the ones , who are the least intrussive , for the ultimate gaming experience.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
S

SkyJP

I currently use ESET Smart Security 8 (and only recently started it) and however biased this may sound, they don't give you a compromise for protection by reducing performance, so it's definitely light.

I used Kaspersky on both my laptops before, and for approx 4 years, but you can definitely feel it being heavy so it might not be good for gaming.

avast! is also relatively heavy, but I'm not quite sure why you'd want to use Premier, if the free version offers the same protection...

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I use Emsisoft Anti-Malware on Windows 8 and is light to my knowledge. no problems yet really good. I also use webroot secruenywhere on Windows 7 very light with no problems

H

hjlbx

For gaming system you will have best result probably with ESET rather than Kaspersky or Avast... but you just never know until you try each one. That is how it goes with AVs... what works for me might not work so good for you.......

Reactions: ImtheBest

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Depends on you, what you do online. There is Avast Free, Qihoo or if you wanna pay try Kaspersky or Eset

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

i like eset smart security vs kaspery internet security vs avast premier which one is better to use for basic person who doesn't use this computer only for gaming and he haves a another one to do anything else
avast! is the best in my opinion, if you select all packers in the settings, Maximum Heuristics and HIPS to the highest level, use avast! SafeZone Web Browser, Firewall and Secure DNS - Your system would be very secure and that sounds like a lot but in total it is approximately 30-50 MB in RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.