Which AVs/Suites work fully on Win 10 Anniversary build?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 But 2017 missing quite a few protection on Anniversary build.

I decided to wait for Kaspersky patch & use Windows Defender.

I use Rollback Rx Pro And some Windows Updates could mess Rollback so I keep Windows Updates to Notify for download And uninstall Rollback to install Windows Updates.

But the prob is with Windows Updates set to Notify for download...Windows Defender updates are also not installed but notified.

So until Kaspersky patch I think to use other security software.

Which AVs/Suite work fully on Anniversary build?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
All of them should work. At least those from vendors that bothered testing their products during months on the Insider Preview.
Granted not everyone's system is the same, so a few minor issues might occur for some and not to others.

Unless Microsoft introduced a huge change during the last preview version and the released version, the majority shouldn't have a problem.

I know ESET Smart Security 9 works fine on Windows 10 AU. Btw, a good advice is too uninstalled your security software and installed them after big upgrade/update(like this one was), just in case those software might interfere in the upgrade process and/or have issues later.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am checking Avast Internet Security.

SecureDNS - Is it Avast DNS i.e system wide Avast DNS will be used i.e programs, browser, etc...?

Sandbox - How to set it to automatically delete on close of sandboxed programs?

I hate the main GUI, why they left all the spaces in the main GUI? They could have used it in much much better way. I wonder why some big software vendors have poor product designs?

And would you say Avast set to Hardened Mode "Aggressive" would protect better compared to Kaspersky, Emsisoft, Avast, Norton, etc...Default Settings?
And Yes, I mean Hardened Mode v/s mentioned software default settings.

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
I have Comodo Internet Security and it is working OK after update.

However Microsoft changed driver signing in Anniversary update and will allow only signed drivers to be loaded on new installations, systems that were just updated will still allow these. Ghacks has nice article about it. So there might be difference on new Windows and upgraded Windows.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.