Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They have really good products.

KIS = known to be very good suite with lots of components that you can configure especially Application Control which if set for untrusted then can blocked all applications were unknown by digital signatures and other properties. Known for well adjusted firewall components too besides of realtime protection.

EAM = holds very strong AV with 3 basic features you have; file shield, web filter, BB and cloud feature.

It depends to your preference status. ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'd like to vote for both because, believe it or not, I have one activation key corresponding for each of our computers with 1 of each of these AVs, yet neither of our present ones have expired, so I cannot :confused: vote. As it stands now, the score is 4 to 12 Advantage Kasperski!:cool: Unless I find a time machine I can climb into, I'll have to come back long after this thread has been forgotten, and you'll know my vote when you see an alert for this thread from a long time ago!!:D

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Haven't used Kaspersky since it was 2012-2013 release... for the past year or so I have been on EAM + W7F. I recently decided to drop the AV and just keep the FW, lost the plot... From what I have heard, in Kaspersky you can go nuts with packet rules from the internet side of things. So I guess that is a bonus for Kaspersky. However, I was and still am pretty impressed with EAM. I used to do all my firewall mods in W7FwAS, till I got Windows Firewall Control. It made it a lot easier to muck around with inbound/outbound rules.

Scan speeds improved significantly in EAM v9. I think overall strain on my PC was reduced as well. I could even untick the memory optimization tickbox without feeling any dramas (mind you, having 16gb ram helps too). I would have loved to combine the AV and the FW together, like a real IS package, but EIS didn't tickle my fancy enough and I really can't be bothered learning another application just for the sake of giving myself a happy ending.

Anyone out there have an idea about how KIS handles HIPS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.