Battle Which Browser Use Less Ram Usage Finally ?

Compare list
All Browser

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Which browser actually uses the least amount of RAM?
I would like you to know your opinion and share your experiences
I use Microsoft Edge myself and sometimes Firefox
---------------------
But recently When I use Chromium browsers After 10 Or 15 min(I tested), when there are 5 or 6 tabs open, my RAM Usage reaches 100% and the computer hangs...
I do not have a virus problem, I feel a bug and a problem with Chromium products

Reactions: Sammo and Nevi

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
Which browser actually uses the least amount of RAM?
I would like you to know your opinion and share your experiences
I use Microsoft myself and sometimes Firefox
---------------------
But recently Whean I use Chromium browsers After 10 Or 15 min(I tested), when there are 5 or 6 tabs open, my RAM Usage reaches 100% and the computer hangs...
I do not have a virus problem, I feel a bug and a problem with Chromium products
Can you please provide some details?

- OS type and version?
- How much ram do you have?
- Av/antimalware used/installed?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
What extensions do you have installed?
Extensions can cause problems:
You could try Opera it is chromium based and supposed to be a bit lighter on RAM usage.
No problems with Firefox?

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
What extensions do you have installed?
Extensions can cause problems:
You could try Opera it is chromium based and supposed to be a bit lighter on RAM usage.
No problems with Firefox?
My extensions in Edge :
Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, July 29, 2021_13h37m48s_001_.jpg

My extensions in Firefox :
Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, July 29, 2021_13h38m34s_002_.jpg

I dont have a problem with RAM with Firefox, but its environment is not as fluent as Microsoft edge.
hmmm opera ?So you think it's good؟

Reactions: Nevi

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
The browser that uses less RAM usage is relative and not a 100% thing, depens and may vary based on many processes are being executed at same time, depens also os processes, depens on av processes, https filtering, depens on many tabs open on the browser, extensions installed.
In this case i can suggest for when you want to browse, only do that and with less tabs opened, only critical or import extensions like f-secure one extension.
you can execute some tools to see if there is any issue with drivers for example.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.