• Other (please mention below)

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Total voters

shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
please state why you made your choice. there is a bit of mystery surrounding some of these apps; let's put it on the table for all to see. Facts, not fables.

I deliberately left AppGuard off the list because it is in a class all by itself.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Voted for ReHIPS, but if i had to choose an anti-exe with default settings out of the box, i would say AppSamvid, its fairly new product and I start to think that it's so simple that my mom could even learn it, i want to believe its future and continous development. :)

shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Somebody should come out a table to list out those mentioned software and their capabilities/weaknesses. Give them weightage points and rank them :D
@HarborFront, you read my mind. that is why I started this thread. Unfortunately, most users have not provided a lot of specific info about the nitty-gritty functioning of their favorite soft, so I haven't really achieved my goal. The inner workings of COMODO, for instance, remain shrouded in mystery.
So far, it is basically a popularity contest -- influenced by price, ease of use, and likability of the dev.

D

Deleted member 178

please state why you made your choice. there is a bit of mystery surrounding some of these apps; let's put it on the table for all to see. Facts, not fables.

I deliberately left AppGuard off the list because it is in a class all by itself.
Wise decision :D
AppGuard's class is Software Restriction Policy (for those who don't know).

now about the Poll , note than nobody can really tell about exploits because they are rarely seen, we can just theorize.

i tested several of them so for me the winners are :

1- ReHIPS
anti-exe: yes
anti-exploit: "yes" via isolation
dll protection: via isolation

2- Comodo

anti-exe: yes
anti-exploit: "yes" by HIPS or isolation
dll protection : yes by HIPS or isolation

Comodo is 2nd because its damn rules' bug and the use of kernel hooks.
i didn't tested KIS or Avast, ERP lack of dll & drivers protection. VS has no dll protection.

D

Deleted member 178

@HarborFront, you read my mind. that is why I started this thread. Unfortunately, most users have not provided a lot of specific info about the nitty-gritty functioning of their favorite soft, so I haven't really achieved my goal.
google it, or go to their respective forums , don't wait people do it or you...

The inner workings of COMODO, for instance, remain shrouded in mystery.
Comodo is an HIPS + isolation using kernel hooks , what inner other working knowledge you need?