Which function/feature do you want X-Sec have next?

Which function/feature do you want X-Sec to have next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
After updated signature structure, I' m trying hard to create more signatures(and remove some old signatures)

We' re planning to achieve the following functions/features(as the poll mentioned), which one should we achieve first? Or you have better idea? Just tell us!

[P.S. GUI costs lots of time]

[If you want to join us, just contact with me xywcloud@xsecantivirus.com]

@Frost

Reactions: Malware1

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I think you should add all feature you proposed. (Automatic update, gui, single scan file and enhanced cloud scan)
First make a verry simple GUI and when automatic update, signel scan file and Enhanced cloud scan will be there, juste make a better GUI :)

Reactions: xywcloud

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I think you should add all feature you proposed. (Automatic update, gui, single scan file and enhanced cloud scan)
First make a verry simple GUI and when automatic update, signel scan file and Enhanced cloud scan will be there, juste make a better GUI :)
Haha, I guess someone would say this
You' re greedy;)
To achieve all features I mentioned, will cost lots of time, but we would like achieve them one by one.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
realtime protection :D
Aha... Maybe need a GUI first, then need a File System Filter Driver
In fact, I' m planning to do that, but I need to learn how to build a driver.

Reactions: Andrew999

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Of course a typical program may helpful to evolve on BB/HIPS or something Hardened Mode from Avast where typically a plan B action when Cloud or signatures bypass. ;)

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Actually I would like to see a delete or quarantine feature so I can remove Malware without having to search for it and having to remove it manually.
Thank you for your advice!
A scanner should have these features, an antivirus software also

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Adding a delete/quarantine feature seems very important to add to any programs in this category. I would like this see this the most. As for the rest under this, it is general comments and suggestions on improving X-Sec usability and such. If they are added, great, if some are added, great, if none are added, that is fine also. The above is very important for me personally. As is, I'm content with X-Sec. I love it's command line type interface.

As for the other choices, the only one I truly care about is update features. As for UI, asking to maintain a command line type version and maintain a GUI version for those who want it or simply to better utilize real time protection (GUI is best for that) is a bit much so I won't (I only mention because as I said, I prefer the current style). I'll still use X-Sec either way - no worries about that kind of thing. Don't even care if the GUI is straight out of the 90's. I prefer non-fancy UI for security products. I'd rather have old UI for Malwarebytes than the new one. Much better.

If you do add the ability to remove files X-Sec detects, please do not make it automatic (or add a choice between ask or auto). I really hate not having some good old user intervention action. Like to do it manually and I'm thinking that is exactly how you'd plan to do it anyway?

Thinking single file scan is also good to have. Some folders may contain many files in which a user would have to wait patiently for that file they wanted to scan to be scanned to get the results they want to see. I think I mentioned before (in another thread) about adding more file extensions that can be scanned. Maybe after all is said and done, in the GUI add a way to exclude file types. For this kind of program, I do not believe you need a "scan all" type deal. Only executables are truly needed for scans. Not scanning all files (needless to say) will keep program light while using real time.

Wondering if maybe you will do a on-execution or on-access type of scanning method for real time.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Adding a delete/quarantine feature seems very important to add to any programs in this category. I would like this see this the most. As for the rest under this, it is general comments and suggestions on improving X-Sec usability and such. If they are added, great, if some are added, great, if none are added, that is fine also. The above is very important for me personally. As is, I'm content with X-Sec. I love it's command line type interface.

As for the other choices, the only one I truly care about is update features. As for UI, asking to maintain a command line type version and maintain a GUI version for those who want it or simply to better utilize real time protection (GUI is best for that) is a bit much so I won't (I only mention because as I said, I prefer the current style). I'll still use X-Sec either way - no worries about that kind of thing. Don't even care if the GUI is straight out of the 90's. I prefer non-fancy UI for security products. I'd rather have old UI for Malwarebytes than the new one. Much better.

If you do add the ability to remove files X-Sec detects, please do not make it automatic (or add a choice between ask or auto). I really hate not having some good old user intervention action. Like to do it manually and I'm thinking that is exactly how you'd plan to do it anyway?

Thinking single file scan is also good to have. Some folders may contain many files in which a user would have to wait patiently for that file they wanted to scan to be scanned to get the results they want to see. I think I mentioned before (in another thread) about adding more file extensions that can be scanned. Maybe after all is said and done, in the GUI add a way to exclude file types. For this kind of program, I do not believe you need a "scan all" type deal. Only executables are truly needed for scans. Not scanning all files (needless to say) will keep program light while using real time.

Wondering if maybe you will do a on-execution or on-access type of scanning method for real time.
Wow~ Thank you for your heart-felt feedback!
In our plan, the commandline scanner will not remove threats, but GUI version can do it(And user can control it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.