Which Internet Security can I use with SecureAplus

Which Internet Security can I use with SecureAplus ?

• Emsisoft Internet Security 11

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Eset Smart Security 9

• AVG Internet Security 2016

• Kaspesky Internet Security 2016

• Bitdefender Internet Security 2016

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norton Internet Security 2016

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

mostafa96

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
I need security program with good firewall,web protection and to be light to use it with secureaplus.

1. Emsisoft Internet Security 11
  2. Eset Smart Security 9
  3. AVG Internet Security 2016
  4. Kaspesky Internet Security 2016
  5. Bitdefender Internet Security 2016
  6. Norton Internet Security 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

If you are looking for a premium product I would recommend Symantec's range (Norton) due to the simplicity and effectiveness of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Eset is the lightest of the choices given in the poll plus it has a good web protection, but it truly depends on your system how it will react to a certain security softw,so you have to try and see which one is best suited.If I am not wrong SAP does use some memory but it's whitelisting should go well with any AV.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

the two lightest of the bunch would have to be symantec ( norton ) and eset ( uses a lot of ram , but you can hardly notice it.) emsisoft also hardly slows down the machine. kaspersky is heavy , bitdefender is buggy and slows down webbrowsing. AVG does lenghten your boottime and has a lot of running processes , but I hardely feel it on my machine :) Comodo Internet Security might be light on resources , but it comes at a price : full of bugs needs to be tweaked heavilly to unleash its full power plus all the debacles with chromodo , geekbuddy and so on its not recommended ( by me atleast ) anymore. as to be expected , my vote goes to........AVG :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I need security program with good firewall,web protection and to be light to use it with secureaplus.

1. Emsisoft Internet Security 11
  2. Eset Smart Security 9
  3. AVG Internet Security 2016
  4. Kaspesky Internet Security 2016
  5. Bitdefender Internet Security 2016
  6. Norton Internet Security 2016
Will installing SecureAPlus remove my existing antivirus software? Do I need to uninstall my existing antivirus software before installing SecureAPlus?
SecureAPlus works well with any other antivirus software and therefore, you do not have to uninstall their existing antivirus software. You can have the option to use SecureAPlus jointly with their existing antivirus software to provide an added layer of defense. -
123.jpg

So it seems that you can run any Internet Security suite with this SecureAPlus. Now, should you? I for one would not install such a product on my computer, and instead I would rather look into better configuring my installed security product. Just 2 examples.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 - Trusted Applications mode - How to enable or disable the Trusted Applications mode in Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

kis2016_12100_0388-272592.png

ESET Smart Security 9 - HIPS in Smart Mode or Interactive Mode - Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)—Advanced setup (8.x)—ESET Knowledgebase

SOLN2908FIG1-1B.png

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I currently use Norton with SecureAPlus. I have Norton on very aggressive settings and had to allow SecureAPlus to connect to the internet for multiple processes. Not sure if this happens on default settings. They works extremely well together with no slow downs (both stable and beta).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.