which is best firewall?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Good firewall; with white-listing and light as well? = Window Firewall. (nothing is lighter than that)

The best firewall is the firewall that you tweak yourself.

You have a whole lot of firewall programs available:
Comodo Firewall
Outpost Firewall
TinyWall
WFC
GlassWire
Private Firewall.
etc...

But if you don't tweak it is as good as window firewall.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@mostafa96: Well keep in mind that Tinywall, WFC and Glasswire are design to incorporate and enhance the capabilities of Windows Firewall. This is beneficial to tweak within lesser complications at all.

If insist Comodo Firewall is robust and complex that you need to bear understand numerous alerts to be understand.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
i need firewall with good whitelisting ....that's very important and i hope to be loght as well
i don't like windows firewall at all

ZoneAlarm sticks closer to the necessary features of a firewall and probably has largest database of whitelisted applications.
It has been around for a long time than any firewall mention here on this thread.
My personal choice is Binisoft Windows Firewall Control.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
i see their forum and is see so much bugs

Hi, @mostafa96 .:)

Although Comodo actually has some bugs, I do not think every problem reported to the support form is a real bug.

For example, consider this thread : Comodo not working together with Symantec Enpoint 12.6.1 on Windows 10 - Bug Reports - CIS . As far as I know, Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.1.6 is also a full-featured antivirus. In my opinion, it is nearly impossible to make SEP work with CIS/CFW when all the components of SEP are installed. So I do not think the problem reported in that thread is a bug.

I hope to clarify that I do not mean to say Comodo is the best. Just like you, I have no idea which one is the best when we take all the following factors into consideration:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
ZoneAlarm sticks closer to the necessary features of a firewall and probably has largest database of whitelisted applications.
It has been around for a long time than any firewall mention here on this thread.
My personal choice is Binisoft Windows Firewall Control.

Using PF with settings for the most possible pop ups and no time outs (actual blocks) for 3 years or so now, I wonder how you guys feel about the aggressiveness of commonly whitelisted programs. Some programs, including MS Office 2007 (the only Office I have tested), seem to push the limits of security policy beyond what is necessary. I say this, because I relatively commonly block a behavior a single time with PF only to find out that the program functions fine.

PF monitors 21 program behaviors and then allows for blocking of net connections from any program. Also, I can create rules to restrict a program from attempting to connect on any port or range of ports if I suspect something is strange about the program. But I wonder how you all feel about this thinking that program writers push too far or in a less than ideal way for functionality for their programs. Seems so to me too many times. For this reason, I am really afraid to whitelist. I would rather just monitor one pop up at a time so to speak...

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
H

hjlbx

COMODO does indeed have bugs - just like most any security soft.

However, it is common for many users to think COMODO is not functioning correctly because it does something that do not expect => they do not know how it works.

There's a lot to learn about COMODO so one can know what to expect.

It takes a lot of time, effort, practice...

As far as protecting physical system it is quite good, even at default settings in Proactive Security configuration (Internet Security configuration not secure enough).

N

NOLF92

Comodo, Qihoo + Glasswire are popular choices at the moment, but I personally go with Kaspersky for the simple fact that it has much more than just a firewall reasonably on par with the options I listed. There really is no best, as the internet is constantly changing (don't let anyone tell you differently). Just experiment with it and I'm sure you'll find something that accommodates your personal present needs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.