Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have a 2 year License for Reason Core Security, and I have Adguard premium.
I want to run "one or the other", I am stingy with my resources as i play some highly resource intensive games so every little bit counts.
If anyone has tested the current versions of these two software solutions for system impact can you help me out with knowledge of which one is lower on resources ?
Thanks in advance for any help you are kind enough to offer.
If no one has tested these for resource usage or system impact could someone test them in the near future ? PeAcE

Reactions: Rishi

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Forgot to include:
OS Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest public build)

Reactions: Rishi

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Have used both but both are fairly light on my systems i7 quad 2nd and 4th gen with 16 and 32 gb ram. Your best bet is to install one monitor for few days then do the same to the other to draw ur conclusions.

My rams are gaming versions so what is light for me might not be for you despite I also run heavy games with ultra and max settings

N

Noxx

I don't understand the question. Reason Core Security is a security suite, and ADGUARD is a privacy suite. However for the sake of saying something useful, ADGUARD runs reasonably light and I highly recommend it. I only used reason Core Security once, and it also felt light.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yeah Umbra, but Reason Core although labeled a "Security Suite" does act more like a blocker of sorts.
I am testing it now for its blocking potential.
I am going to take Ink's suggestion and run both for 3 days apiece and see what I find.

*Ink, I am running the I7 925 on a custom built DigitalStorm gaming rig with dual nVidia GTX 950 SSC's
Thanks for the replies my friends. PeAcE

N

Noxx

It's not exactly advertised for it's adblock/tracker capabilities, so I would question whether it's very effective. I am aware that it has a built-in cleaner utility, but that's it. ADGUARD was specifically designed to do a lot more than just block ads and trackers.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It's not exactly advertised for it's adblock/tracker capabilities, so I would question whether it's very effective. I am aware that it has a built-in cleaner utility, but that's it. ADGUARD was specifically designed to do a lot more than just block ads and trackers.

It's not very effective at blocking at all Noxx I have learned this first hand lol.
Adguard is back to doing its thing after I was flooded with ad's in Edge yesterday, it worried me so i did some precautionary scans to ensure ad's were all that slipped through, then propmtly re-installed Adguard and sighed a deep sigh of relief :)

Reactions: Noxx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.