Advice Request Which is the best paid/deals software for Backup?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the imaging programs, such as macrium reflect and aomei, etc, have a certain advantage over traditional backup software: they can backup even files that are open in an app, and are thus "locked".
A prime example of this is a Word document. When it is open in MS Word, it is "locked", and can be backed up only by means of imaging, which works by taking a "snapshot".

D

Deleted member 2913

Macrium is good, incremental backup/restore is mostly fast But incremental is only in paid version. Huge/extra download app 1GB for required software for Pre-OS console & recovery media.

EaseUS Todo Backup is good, incremental backup is mostly fast. Free version has incremental backup, Pre-OS console, etc. App 115MB program, has Pre-OS & recovery media required software i.e no extra/huge download like Macrium.

Aomei Backupper is good, incremental backup takes little longer, no Pre-OS console.

I tried/tested on Win 10 64 Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Lately, I've been using Kaspersky Backup. I like it. Simple to use, encrypts backups, and is included in my subscription (might as well use it). I also have a full version copy of Acronis Image 2017. It's OK. It works fine. It's hard to setup auto-clean of a hard disk to keep it from filling it up.

I know Kaspersky is not a full image backup solution, but if I get infected ...etc...it's probably time for a clean format anyway.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
For a full system backup (image) best tool is Windows own System Image Backup and best file backup tool is also Windows own File History. There is no reason for buying any third party tool for ... anything :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.