Which is the most prospective security technology?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

pardeep said:
Signature based detection is the best
It is obsolete, the developers cant create enough signatures to follow the huge number of new malwares that appear every minutes.

Virtualization is the future.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
All AV's are no longer maintaining its traditional signature and everything is adapted too with complement thus response time are not seconds but mostly hourly.

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Umbra Corp. said:
It is obsolete, the developers cant create enough signatures to follow the huge number of new malwares that appear every minutes.

Virtualization is the future.
The cloud is the way to go as well. Upload everything to it.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Of coarse the best is education and UAC, you learn how to avoid malware with your actions will always do a better job then depending on any software. UAC with user knowledge can stop what the others can't.

For those who do not want to learn then Signature based detection is still the best since it rarely causes false positives, doesn't limit the users ability to have control over their system and doesn't cause any conflicts or doesn't require tweaking or maintenance.

How about adding UAC or education to the poll? I can't vote for the other options.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
From the eyes of other people UAC could be literally useless and today's generation you cannot tell if like us have education in terms of security.

Practical meaning that UAC is a matter if disturbance, some encourage to turn off for it no matter the risk involved.

iPanik

I judge security products by how well it can keep my computer illiterate grandmother secure without any interaction what so ever. From that perspective my vote goes to file reputation services. The other solutions are either too heavy (Signatures) or headache inducing (HIPS, Sandboxes).
My favorite solution is Windows Defender/MSE and Windows SmartScreen because they keep completely out of your way unless you open something truly unknown.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
For noobs, even sbie (for example)can sometimes be a little annoying...my daughter hates it lmao

I have avast free on my mother-in-laws laptop and I haven't heard anything from her, it's very light. All she does is check her e-mail and plays pogo games so it should be fine.

Gnosis

I have avast free on my mother-in-laws laptop and I haven't heard anything from her, it's very light. All she does is check her e-mail and plays pogo games so it should be fine.
Same here. Avast Free (gaming mode) with Windows 7 firewall.
Cannot go wrong with that.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
For most users, they even didn't bother to update for latest signatures/ version in the AV installed so +1 for implementation of automatic updates like Avast.

D

Deleted member 178

Overkill said:
its Overkill :lolz:

Seany007

It has to be an overall Default Deny protection. But with it come other features such as the cloud, sandbox, HIPS, BB, etc. Perfect example? Comodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.