Which is your Preferred Android App Store?

Preferred App Store

• Google Play Store

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • F-Droid

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Yalp Store

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Aptoide

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • APK Pure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • APKMirror

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Fossdroid

• Uptodown

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Others (please specify in comment section)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJokerz

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
You are mistaking most other app stores as something like cnet. Most appstores don't pack anything else, but if the app itself is a rogue one, then something else. If the developer decides to pack a malware with its app, then there are very few appstore which will block that dev at the early phase. & google playstore is out of the question.

It's not about trusting or doubting google play store. Google provides very useful environment for malware devs to exploit their users, you must have to understand google doesn't do any code audit of those apps which are available in its marketplace. If you are looking for a secure app market then opt in for F-droid & it does provide minimal apps.

So you think I ain't a paranoid,eh. & btw, if you believe that you are a paranoid, then you should look for better alternative.

Look I appreciate your comments. I am not looking to switch any time soon. What I have been doing is working for me so I am not going to change. As I stated before I only use the apps that I absolutly have to.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
so malware can exploit android user without root access ?

Search Rank Fraud and Malware Detection in Google Play

some malwares gain root access without permission. It secretly gains root access. & we all know that rooted android is vulnerable to malware. but, even in non-rooted environment some apps may emulate malware or spyware like behaviour. As permissions are given to those apps... many apps required some permissions which don't have any direct relation with its core function but without those permissions those apps may refuse to work properly.

Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.