Which laptop brand do you use? [POLL]

Which laptop brand(s) do you use? [max 2 choices]

• Total voters

computer man

Level 2
Sep 26, 2019
I've been using Lenovo laptops for nearly ten years. They're very reliable and I haven't ever had one die on me. The only issues I've ever had on them is minor cracks in plastic parts on the cases after four or five years of continual use.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Acer, Asus, Lenovo. why? because they have good quality hardware for reasonable prices. Wont buy a ridiculous overpriced Mac just to show off an backlit Apple on the back of lid LOL

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

Packard Bell.

Osborne 1

Acer, Asus, Lenovo. why? because they have good quality hardware for reasonable prices. Wont buy a ridiculous overpriced Mac just to show off an backlit Apple on the back of lid LOL

Around here (this part of the world) no one cares about Apple logo or showing off hardware. They don't want Windows, they don't want Android\ChromeOS (nobody here uses Chromebook), but they want an integrated laptop-phone system. That leaves only Apple or Linux. Apple is already configured to work out of the box, so they choose Apple. A few Linux people have laptops-phones paired using Linux.

Non-linux people here just want usability with next to no effort. Apple gives it to them.

People around here (not forums, but this part of the world) are not chronic downloaders that want to try every soft. Plus they are not prolific customization nerds. They pretty much accept whatever design decisions Apple makes.

Contrary to popular belief, OSes that do not cater to "users that want to use stuff" are better and more secure.

Reactions: Nevi

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I currently am using this as a gaming machine...It was a present from my wife:

It is used to play a variety of games,but I needed something with good performance to be able to play these with decent fps because they are extremely demanding on the CPU/GPU

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I currently am using this as a gaming machine...It was a present from my wife:

It is used to play a variety of games,but I needed something with good performance to be able to play these with decent fps because they are extremely demanding on the CPU/GPU
Need to get me a wife then.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.