Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
i notice there is 2 stable version of libre. what is the main diff between fresh and still version?

@sonylxn

Fresh and Still versions differ on the 2nd number in the version number. Current - Still version is 4.3.x - Fresh version is 4.4.x

Fresh version has the newer features. Still versions have less bugs.

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
SoftMaker Office Professional 2016. The 2012 version came with eM-Client Licence, which was the reason I bought it, I did not want to spend lot's of money on the comparable M$ package.
You can get it for free, too, but the Pro Version of SMO comes with correction / translation tools (free version users can upgrade with discount though). Unfortunately, they kicked off eM-Client and replaced it with free Thunderbird, I was not glad with Thunderbird years ago, I didn't use it since then.
It handles M$ office documents much better than Libre/Open Office do, that might have been evened by now.

http://softmaker.de/office.htm

P.S.: Here's a link to the free version, it needs registration though.

http://www.freeoffice.com/de/

Attachments

• SMO 1.JPG
    SMO 1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 466
  • SMO 2.JPG
    SMO 2.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 420
  • SMO 3.JPG
    SMO 3.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@Der.Reisende : If the interface turns to be more slicker and almost an alternative concept look a like for Microsoft Office then I will surely try. ;)

It doesn't mean I prefer from the looks, sometimes it design to make it everything to be quicker for access and well organized. ;)

The interface is just like Office 2013 but better with tabs and such. I don't understand why MS hasn't brought tabs instead of opening them as windows.

I upgraded WPS to latest and got the problem you got but I found a beta of WPS which is free without those problems.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/kingsoft_office_suite_free_2012.html

Unlike Kingsoft Office 9.1.0.4550 , I believe WPS Office 9.1.0.4758 doesn't allow saving in .docx format

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
@Der.Reisende : If the interface turns to be more slicker and almost an alternative concept look a like for Microsoft Office then I will surely try. ;)

It doesn't mean I prefer from the looks, sometimes it design to make it everything to be quicker for access and well organized. ;)

You'll probably like it :) In the beginning, I almost missed the tab thingy Office 2007 brought with it, but it sometimes makes you search more, for that it just looks good and you still press the small icons in the corner of the tab to bring back the "old" menu from older Offices.

Reactions: Logethica

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Been using MS Office 2013 from the office and it seems okay from the 2010 version. Looks like Kingsoft GUI :)

Reactions: Logethica

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I use Google Docs.
I have installed LibreOffice but hardly I use, I prefer Google Docs for this and more used because it has a very good integration with Google Drive :D
I've used Microsoft Office, but do not need a lot of extras and advanced features it occupies a lot of disk space, every update is huge, so I prefer Google Docs and LibreOffice when needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.