Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Many users are using cracked MS Office, I know that :) I am happy to see that LibreOffice users are the second largest group.
Even I have a MS Office 2007 key, I am using LibreOffice :cool:

Not everyone uses cracked MS Office. Microsoft Innovation Nepal has been providing special discount to students. Even I had got MS Office 2010 in a special discount 4 years ago from Microsoft Innovation Nepal. Lately, some private organization and government offices has started buying MS Office license in bulk. Well at least people in Nepal are starting to use genuine products. :) Nothing wrong with free Office products, they are great but most of the people are used to MS Office and prefers using it. Personally, I like WPS office among free Office products.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I can't believe SoftMaker Office is not is not up there :(
It's what I use, it's a free solution and awesome.
I will put a link to share my favorite office suite.
Link --> www.softmaker.com - SoftMaker Office
EDIT
Sorry, it was free, I got mine free back when they first came out. It would appear
that they are charging now, shows you how often I visit the site, lol

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I can't believe SoftMaker Office is not is not up there :(
It's what I use, it's a free solution and awesome.
I will put a link to share my favorite office suite.
Link --> www.softmaker.com - SoftMaker Office
EDIT
Sorry, it was free, I got mine free back when they first came out. It would appear
that they are charging now, shows you how often I visit the site, lol
There is still a free version of Softmaker Office

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
To do professional work, especially in languages with non-roman characters, MS Office is a must. It is the industry standard, and you will run into problems if anyone else besides you wants to see what you have been working on.
Every office solution will claim that it can convert your file into a MS office doc, but let's see them do it right...

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
To do professional work, especially in languages with non-roman characters, MS Office is a must. It is the industry standard, and you will run into problems if anyone else besides you wants to see what you have been working on.
Every office solution will claim that it can convert your file into a MS office doc, but let's see them do it right...

"If you do professional work, especially in languages with non-roman characters" new MS Office is not compatible with old MS Office ;)

Reactions: Logethica

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
"If you do professional work, especially in languages with non-roman characters" new MS Office is not compatible with old MS Office ;)
although I use office 2016 myself, I just save my Word files in the old .doc format, and send them in to the office.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I'm still using MS Office 2010.
EDIT: I forgot to say I use Apple's office products (pages, keynote...) in my mac. I found MS Office in mac very slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Only Google Docs and Pages.

Older MS Office comes with too many vulnerabilities and security updates for non-installed products.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.