Battle Which optimization software would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
I don't want to be rude, but i was confused by the post about Tune-up 2013, Wise Care 360, Advanced SystemCare 6 and iolo System Mechanic 11. I don't know which is good and which is bad.:huh:
I was just wondering can you give me your opinion on which softwere has the best optimization performance results.

What i'm trying to say is which softwere is THE BEST. Also don't hesitate to write who is the bad among these programs.:)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I don't like any of this products because they all run constantly in the background......Cleaning my temp file,defragging and other system settings are performed by free separate software (Ccleaner + Auslogics disk defrag) which I run whenever I have the extra time...
Apart from the extra process, I also don't like to pay for something that free software can do easily and in some cases better.

I've tried TuneUp Utilities 2013 and it's a good program and back in the XP days it might been helpful, however my Windows 7 runs perfectly fine without the need to PAY for a maintainance software.
With that in mind, I guess that your at the point when you really think that some tweaks and defrag can do what your hardware should do....Been there ,done that.....If I were you I would start with Advanced SystemCare 6 ONLY because it's a free software...

Quick question : What exactly are you expecting any of this software to do for you?

D

Deleted member 178

i agree with Jack, why pay for a "maintenance" suite when you can do it manually or with free tools.

if i have to pay for one (almost impossible ) i will use Windows 7 Manager.

D

Deleted member 178

With modern computers as we use today the benefits given by defragmentation is very small, even unnoticeable.

Perfect Disk will give you a small gain negated right away by a useless process running in the background and at boot.

For temp files, Ccleaner is enough (and more with CcEnhancer)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
De_Haos said:
To optimize and to keep my PC in top shape.
What operating system are you running?
What antivirus program are you running?

Here are just a few quick tips on how to increase your computer speed:

1. Uninstall unnecessary programs - Here is how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Uninstall-or-change-a-program
  2. Disable programs to run at Windows startup - Many programs are designed to start automatically when Windows starts. Software manufacturers often set their programs to open in the background, where you can't see them running, so they'll open right away when you click their icons. That's helpful for programs you use a lot, but for programs you rarely or never use, this wastes precious memory and slows down the time it takes Windows to finish starting up.
    Decide for yourself if you want a program to run at startup. You can use this program to easily disable or enable programs to start when Windows starts : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/startuplite/
  3. Remove Temporary Files - You can use this software : http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
  4. Improve performance by defragmenting your hard disk. You can use this software : http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/
  5. Check your hard disk for errors - Here is how: http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-vista/Check-your-hard-disk-for-errors
  6. Check for missing or corrupted system files - To use System File Checker, press the Windows logo key + the R key together. Then type sfc /scannow in the box and click OK.
  7. Turn off visual effects (Windows 7) - Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize from the menu,then you can simply scroll the themes down until you see the Basic themes.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
With modern computers as we use today the benefits given by defragmentation is very small, even unnoticeable.
Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter is by default set to run every week so their isn't even the real need for another 3-rd party software. I really can't remember when was the last time I've run Auslogics Disk Defrag Free (no real need on Windows 7)...

Attachments

• defrag.png
    defrag.png
    30 KB · Views: 505

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
1. Windows 7 64 bit;
2. Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (b).

Why do i need to download individual programs, when i can have one program that has all those programs that you counted.

D

Deleted member 178

ask yourself:

will you clean your house yourself using many products and tools or prefer hire someone to do it? ^^

money is a important factor.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
De_Haos said:
Why do i need to download individual programs, when i can have one program that has all those programs that you counted.
1. Most programs that you've mentioned are PAID products,however the products that I have recommended are FREE!
2.All the products listed by you will constantly run in the background, using RAM and CPU time.
3. While I have listed 7 tips for you, you'll only need to download 3 software which will NOT run in the background and won't add any extra services to your Windows.

With that I mind, I can only say that you should really give a try to any maintainance software at first, as you can't really learn without seeing the "other part". Which one should you choose? Well give them all a try as they all have a free trial period and see which one you like better.. they all do the same job anyway so it won't really matter...TuneUp 2013 has a lot of options which can seem interesting so there's your first 'try out'.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Jack said:
2.All the products listed by you will constantly run in the background, using RAM and CPU time.

You can make a setup/adjust these software where they don't run constantly,I have disable all services of asc pro and use only when i need it.

You have suggested best software +1

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
Well it does matter, because i want a program that is more accurate and won't damage some important files or cause errors in registry.

S

starchild76

in my opinion the best free all round tuning suites are :

iobit advanced system care free
wise 365
puran utilities
tooliwiz care

and the best paid for suite is :

auslogics boostspeed

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
Stranger said:
Jack said:

You can make a setup/adjust these software where they don't run constantly,I have disable all services of asc pro and use only when i need it.

You have suggested best software +1

Exactly, same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.