Battle Which optimization software would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
I don't want to be rude, but i was confused by the post about Tune-up 2013, Wise Care 360, Advanced SystemCare 6 and iolo System Mechanic 11. I don't know which is good and which is bad.:huh:
I was just wondering can you give me your opinion on which softwere has the best optimization performance results.

What i'm trying to say is which softwere is THE BEST. Also don't hesitate to write who is the bad among these programs.:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can "optimise" your Windows PC without additional software, most can be done with the built-in tools (if you know how).

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe i did't made myself clear, what i want is someone who had more then two or more years experience using the softweres that i mentioned, tell me which softwere is better and which one isn't.

D

Deleted member 178

You can try "Windows 7 Manager" (many many features), i used it when needed since 3 years, never had any issues.

S

starchild76

iobit system mechanic will wreck your pc in minutes , just like uniblue and the ashampoo suite! boostpeed I have used this for more than a year , and you can optimize your pc really good with this , so it runs superfast! it has a backup centre , so you can undo all of the changes you have made with the program inmediately , when something goes wrong , the same goes for iobit advanced system care ( which I currently use ) give it a whirl once a week and your good to go.....

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Tuneup utilities:Was better product in earlier days but after version 2010 its bloated by several useless function and now making system slow rather than making it fast.

Advance system careThe best in the list but i dont trust its policy so i only use it if i can block its internet connection using firewall.

Iolo system mechanicBetter i install some malware(at least i can get rid of it). Always make backup before using this software

Wise CareHaven't tried it too much but overall ok type software

Other:Ccleaner+Ccenhencer:best and safest.

Conclusion:Ccleaner with Ccenhencer along with windows in built derangement are best and safest

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
Auslogics Boostspeed for sure..the only thing I hate about it is that you have to renew it every year, the license is basically based on annual subscription..what were they thinking?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Personally not a fan of suites like this, Especially the paid ones.

There is plenty of excellent and free software out there to use that does just as good (and if not better) than what paid software provides.

For dual optimization myself I use CCleaner and Defraggler, Both are configured to be fully automatic so I don't even have to do anything, My PC basically takes care of itself in a way.

But if I HAD to choose one of the options in the poll. Based on past experience when I did use suites, I'd pick TuneUp Utilities.

Basically it comes down to personal preference and trying out different products to see which one performs best for you.

Cheers.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MrX, Does Windows Defrag in Windows 8, differ from Windows 7, or basically the same product?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
MrX, Does Windows Defrag in Windows 8, differ from Windows 7, or basically the same product?

The same from what I can tell, They could have done some improvement and work to the code underneath the UI but I wouldn't know.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
i may be mistaken here, but just my opinion.. a lot these system optimizers actually keep running in the background and use memory which i find ridiculous.
you would be better for using ccleaner in auto mode when pc starts + ccleaner enhancer.

P

Plexx

Out of all the options, if one must use, I would suggest ASC 6. But then again not all features from ASC are fully reliable, even on paid version (although free version is fine as it is).

Tuneup was good back in the old XP days.

Likek many suggested you could easily optimize your system manually with several tools, no need to go for a full suite.

@Umbra: if I am not mistaken, since Perfect Disk 9 or 10, they introduced a way for all users who do not wish to have the services running in real time even when PD is not being used to be set to Manual and by executing the modified PD exe, it would start the services.

Alternative, you could easily create a script to start the 2 processes and then PD exe (you can use my vmware script as a base).

Only reason I still use PD is due to VSS. Puran Defrag has settings for VSS but I learnt it the hard way for not being fully reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.