Battle Which optimization software would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
I don't want to be rude, but i was confused by the post about Tune-up 2013, Wise Care 360, Advanced SystemCare 6 and iolo System Mechanic 11. I don't know which is good and which is bad.:huh:
I was just wondering can you give me your opinion on which softwere has the best optimization performance results.

What i'm trying to say is which softwere is THE BEST. Also don't hesitate to write who is the bad among these programs.:)

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Earth said:
MrX, Does Windows Defrag in Windows 8, differ from Windows 7, or basically the same product?

In Windows 8, the humble defragmentation tool has evolved to carry on other roles, apart from its disk defragmentation role. While in Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the disk defragmentation tool did improve, it still continued to only defragment the fragmented files and data. In Windows 8 however, additionally, it optimizes your storage in Thinly Provisioned environments – using Storage Optimizer. The Defragment tool in now called Defragment and Optimize Tool in Windows 8, and includes the Storage Optimizer.

More On: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-defragmentor-storage-optimizer-windows-8

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
I think the OP is under the delusion that paid software > free.

While that may hold true in rare cases, there is always a free alternative which do the same (or better) work than the paid.

Well, I agree with what everyone has said here so far. Nothing to add.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Optimization software couldn't proved much of being so way effective and perhaps can lead to danger of the system.

Tune up Utilities 2013 and Advance System Care 6 are known to be good and most used by the users around so they can have reactions on the products.

Beware on other products unless you tested and proved to be risk free.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
IObit Advanced SystemCare is an excellent product and gives you more for free compared to others. It is a excellent tool for manual operations. But I don't agree with its default settings to run in the background and automatic optimization and cleaning. Anything that runs in your system background and uses resources can not optimize your system for better performance. I really don't know what these developers are thinking making optimization software to run all the time and automatically optimize and clean. The main point of having a system optimizer is to increase system performance. Most do the opposite by decreasing your system's performance. All they will do is create a placebo effect making you think your system is performing better when most of the time it is performing worse.

For those who do not know:

1. Cleaning your system registry has never been proven to increase system performance, but has been proven to cause system errors.

2. Cleaning temporary internet files does not make better performance for your system, it actually makes your system slower because all of the files have to be downloaded and reloaded into your browser each time. Keeping temporary internet files makes your browser faster because it can load files from its cache. If you have other software that uses temporary internet files and you delete them, you just make all of those software load slower. That is not optimizing your system.

3. Cleaning recent temporary files can mess up software updates, driver updates and Windows Updates. You should only clean up temporary files older than 24 hours or reboot your system before running a system clean to make sure any recent updates are not affected. CCleaner by default doesn't cleanup temp files that are not older than 24 hours. If you have recently installed or updated a software, driver or ran Windows Updates, it is recommended to reboot before running a system cleanup.

Since most optimization software are not setup at default settings to give your the best performance, I don't recommend any to users since if not manually tweaked actually cause decreased system performance. Most users do not know how to manually tweak me.

CCleaner is the most safest tool since its default setting will not mess anything up and it doesn't constantly run in your system's background.

TuneUp Utilities recent versions have been a bloated mess, all version after 2009.

iolo System Mechanic has been know to destroy Windows, it is one that you should avoid.

Wise Care 360, Glary Utilities, Ashampoo WinOptimizer Free, Kingsoft PC Doctor and Toolwiz Care are good products if you know how to tweak and use their features correctly. If not then you should avoid using all optimization software, your system will probably give you better performance at default configuration.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

wanna tweak your OS : Msconfig. exe + services.msc + Windows built-in defragger

i ditched all the 3rd-party optimizing tools from my system except Ccleaner.

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
wanna tweak your OS : Msconfig. exe + services.msc + Windows built-in defragger

i ditched all the 3rd-party optimizing tools from my system except Ccleaner.

To go the route you described, one must know exactly what he/she is doing and even so there are still risks in which a backup would save you from it.

Most users tend to disable services via msconfig.

In other words, what you will need to know is which programs to disable startup entries and which services you do not need nor would conflict with existing programs.

Also having system restore enabled with 10% or so and you should be good to go.

Bear in mind that on my current OS only services I "disabled" were Windows Defender and the 4 Bluetooth services. And even so, I set to manual and not disabled it.

rohit

Level 1
Oct 24, 2012
I have personally used AdvancedSystem Care 6 and TuneUp Utilities 2013.
To be honest, ASC6 is way better. Not just its features and ease of use but also considering it price which is far less than TuneUp, it is better any day.
I won't talk about others because I don't have experience with them but to prove my about ASC6 vs TuneUp 2013, you may simply check out review- http://www.blogsolute.com/advanced-system-care-6-pro-review/25234/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.