Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
If you were getting a new smartphone which OS will you prefer to be on that phone?
- Android
- iOS
- Samsung Bada
- MeeGo
- Symiban (Series 60)
- Nokia Series 40
- Other

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm interested in the new Windows Phone 8. After watching one of their new videos, it looks more like how a mobile OS should work, instead of like how the current ones work like a desktop OS.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I am very interested in Samsung Bada 2.0. But it is said that it has more paid apps than free ones. I can't prove that this is right as I don't know a friend who owns a smartphone with Bada OS. :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What is Samsung Bada OS, because I've never heard of it.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
It's Samsung's Smartphone Platform.

Here is the official website of Bada: http://www.bada.com/
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bada_(operating_system)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have to say Android. Have like it since I got my HTC, and will continue using it unless they get hacked or something like that, but what would be good though is the Windows 8 and how that looks on a phone.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Android, as I've been using it for over a year and know it inside and out.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
The tables have turned, Windows Phone! Linux is in the lead this time!
I voted Android. It's quite clearly the best and the only thing I don't like about it is that most of them don't come with physical keyboards so I end up having to more than double the amount I spend typing on backspacing all the Q⃣s that appear when I try to type L⃣. (Look at these in the right fonts, and you'll see what t⃣h⃣i⃣s⃣ is.)

RDTatel

Jan 1, 2012
I like android OS, i am using it since 2.3 and now i am getting 4.1 jelly bean on the nexus 7, i just have to wait 3 or 2 weeks. They cool thing about android is that you can to root it, so you get everything you want, and unique looks; like installing a custom ROM, and your phone will look different from others androids unlike iOS that all look the same.

network86

Oct 12, 2011
I have a Samsung wave with Bada os 1.2 which was fine, but lacked basic apps. And the apps it did have weren't great. Samsungs apps store doesnt have many great apps like IOS or Android. I've recently upgraded to Bada 2.0 and have had nothing but problems. Most apps crash and produce an error saying insufficient memory available.
Not sure as to why they would give you the option to upgrade on the Samsung Wave when it doesnt have the specs to run the apps. So im thinking about buying the HTC one S, looks good and most reviews are great and its android.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Thanks for your feedback. :) Also one of my friends didnt recommend bada. Only android devices have affordable price tag. I am looking for a mid range Android. I have a choice between four phones. I will read more about them to make a choice.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
hahaha, I'm probably the only one that is sticking with Rimm. I have another year before I need to make a decision anyways.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have heard a lot of good reviews about the WP7. Can you get most apps that you get on an iPhone and Android but on this WP7?

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
I'm "stuck" with Android, it crashes a lot, but i wonder what MeeGo and WP7 are they capable of !

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
GabiCRX said:
I'm "stuck" with Android, it crashes a lot, but i wonder what MeeGo and WP7 are they capable of !

Did you try to factory-reset the phone? I would like to try MeeGo but the Nokia N9 is expensive for me. :(

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
GabiCRX said:

Did you try to factory-reset the phone? I would like to try MeeGo but the Nokia N9 is expensive for me. :(

Yes, i tried, anyway i got used to it !
Oh, and, it's good to be back !

Aiyana

Jun 7, 2012
If I can vote multiple choices I will certainly choose Android, iOS, and Windows

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
My cousin is sitting next to me with his galaxy y. The screen gets very easily scratched. They are very careless exactly like me. :D
No longer thinking of Galaxy Y. Thinking of Xperia Active (rugged) or Xperia Neo V (comes with a screen protector out of the box).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.