Battle Which Product is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Hello,
I would like to ask you, which of the following security suites is the better one:

1. Norton Internet Security 2013
Or
2. Avast Internet Security 8
Or
3. Eset Smart Security 6
Or
4. AVG Internet Security 2013

I would like to know why you have chosen a suite over the other!
Thank you!

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
RE: i m confuse!!!

I am sure you will not get a satisfactory answer as each user/computer have its own preference.
A security software which is lighter on one machine is unusable on other and most important an user habit should be consider before selecting/suggestion antivirus.

In Indian words I would say that a punjabi will like chola-bhatura instead of rasgoola ,pavbhaji or dosa whereas bengali will prefer rasgoola marathi will pav bhaji and south indian can die for dosa
:p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I thought you were happy with your current AV security software. :s

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

Do what you want, but if you are not very experienced when it comes to computing, or you like it simple yet effective, I would go with Avast.

If you are fairly experienced, then I would do ESET and chip away at tweaking it for maximum protection that you are happy with. ESET is like mud/clay/puddy in your hands (much more potential if tweaked). Avast is pretty much brick.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Earth said:
I thought you were happy with your current AV security software. :s
he can be happy with anything if he feel happy with his browser addons :D

House_maniac said:
well i would say avast 8 because of its autosandbox,but the other product aren't bad at all but that what i would choose

better to choose cis if autosandbox feature is important
(i know cis is not in his list but its a just suggestion)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
Try each of them for 1-2 weeks then choose.

This is the only way you are going to know which one is good for you on your system.

CIS 6 runs well on windows 8.Protection is good on default settings.It is free and didnt have any adverse affect on my system.

The GUI takes some getting used to but there are some reviews and a video by MalwareDoctor which will show you how to get around on the GUI.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013

House_maniac said:
Earth said:
It may confuse him more. :lol:

Member said:
(i know cis is not in his list but its a just suggestion)
lol i know but he seems to be confused several time everyweek choosing that why i didn't mentioned CIS haha

Now im confuse tooooooo much... So i decide each product to TRY..!

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
On the serious notes My opinion is if you are install & forget type of user (I mean security software which will not give you problem and will protect you perfectly) try norton products.

If you don't mind some tweaking,questioning and some extra effort to manage a product than try Cis 6 (all in 1 product which includes av+antimalware+firewall+hips+bb+sandbox+virtualization)

I am using norton and its very light and effective

Just download & forget,you can use 90 days trial.

You can see screenshot of memory usae by norton on my pc

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Member-Security-Configuration

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Hello, Member i want to Correct you.
AV + FW + BB + HIPS + SandBox + File Reputation + Cloud Based Analysis + Kiosk(Banking Mode) + Killswitch + Autorun + CCE

Detection Rate: Above 90%
Prevention: Excellent
Lightest Suite

If CIS is Tweaked Well it can Provide 99% Protection.(No One Can be 100% Perfect.)

If then also you want more Protection than use Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Comodo Internet Security v6.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Correct me, but doesn't OOTB Comodo Internet Security only has these actively running without configuration:
Antivirus + Cloud Checkup + (BB/Auto-Sandboxing) + Firewall.

And every thing else is optional (as MrExplorer lists below):

MrExplorer said:
Hello, Member i want to Correct you.
AV + FW + BB + HIPS + SandBox + File Reputation + Cloud Based Analysis + Kiosk(Banking Mode) + Killswitch + Autorun + CCE

Please note, the OP didn't mention Comodo in the comparison.

Back on topic, I would consider Norton or ESET as recommendations.

P

Plexx

If we are to consider out of the box settings, then Norton or even AVG.
If we are to consider the knowledge used to tweak settings for maximum protection, ESET.

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
Biozfear said:
If we are to consider the knowledge used to tweak settings for maximum protection, ESET.

exactly what i am doing now, lock down everything via ESET settings ^^

Want more challenge? Configure HIPS Rules manually by adding them instead of using the Learning/Interactive mode.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.