Battle Which security product do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps4lover

Thread author
May 2, 2014
Avast premier, ESET Smart Security, Comodo Internet Security Premium, or any other antivirus product? Please explain why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulikedat

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Out of those three I would have to say Eset Smart Security 7. I actually use Eset and I love it!

Why, you may ask?

Well, for the following reasons:
  • Loads it's signatures into RAM, so less impact on your CPU.
  • Feels fast and light.
  • It doesn't have a bloated GUI.
  • Excellent detection rates (often above 90%)
  • Scan speeds seem to be pretty fast.
  • The HIPS can work pretty efficiently when set up properly.
  • It has the best antivirus logo, IMO.
  • Has a low false positive rate.
  • Very good at detecting PUPs that come bundled in some installers.

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi ps4lover : Choice of an security software has more to do with individual usability, availability of system resources and yours online habits. Since all of the three are effective and serve a similar purpose, it becomes even more logical to ascertain your needs and try yourself to make a judgement. Since any suggestion you get is purely on an individual assessment.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Eset is the only paid product that I would recommend to users who want to pay.
Most users do not want to pay, therefore I recommend Avast free, Avira free, AVG free, Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Defender On Win8) and Panda Cloud free.

No security product can protect reckless users therefore they will just waste money paying for a product, they might as well just use a free product.

Enjoy!! :D

abdou17

Level 2
Verified
May 3, 2013
Eset is the only paid product that I would recommend to users who want to pay.
Most users do not want to pay, therefore I recommend Avast free, Avira free, AVG free, Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Defender On Win8) and Panda Cloud free.

No security product can protect reckless users therefore they will just waste money paying for a product, they might as well just use a free product.

Enjoy!! :D

+1

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I'd recommend Eset Smart Security or Emsisoft Anti Malware. Btw you can earn free Emsisoft Anti Malware validity by referring it to your friends.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.