Advice Request Which security suite has the best behavior blocker?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The MRG tests are good for making the assessment -- as they break-out behavior blocks.

The pasted chart is not representative of the larger question... only an example of how they have a nice visual depiction of behavior blocks.

There are many tests there that give a pretty good indication in their totality.

1537677048303.png

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
The MRG tests are good for making the assessment -- as they break-out behavior blocks.

The pasted chart is not representative of the larger question... only an example of how they have a nice visual depiction of behavior blocks.

There are many tests there that give a pretty good indication in their totality.

View attachment 197911
Surprising results, especially for kaspersky.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
For that reasons, im using Eset since 2008, Im not an vulnerable virus user, No virus in my system for my paranoia, but a few times ive had pup symptoms in 15 years of computer usage, eset has reduced the likelihood of acquiring this type of problems on my system.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A good BB you can find in KIS, EAM ,Gdata, Bitdefender, F-secure, Norton and i am sure i am forgetting someone.
F-secure and Norton they just have more False positives than the other ones but
according to my usage not so many false positives as other say over the internet

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

View attachment 197911
Kaspersky is weak at blocking PUPs. They don't decide for you what software you should not be using, they are not your Mommy. But Kaspersky is very strong at blocking real malware.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Kaspersky has been high protection by default from its source code and signatures, with midle-high impact consumption resources, And is very easy to use, even in paranoia options mode childrens could use it perfectly, focused on people very vulnerable to zerodays and exploitation (viruses, rootkits, ramsomware and malware), kaspersky is specially for employees who work very unconscious and carelessly inside their network corporate server, pressing "click + enter "to all unknown things that appear inside email tray, infected websites and deceptive advertising post shared on social networks. Eset is better at saving resources, pup protection and phishing focusing its care in a home environment, watching y stopping real free websites that add garbage in its installers, although it also has its smart, and business endpoint versions that protect in the same way against malware that famous kaspersky , eset is better designed for gamers, encoders, and those who work with editing suites and entire libraries, and for pirates who know where to download programs and cracked games without certificates or signatures, who know that the detector of malicious objects would only get false positive. HEHEHEHE I think Kaspersky needs to invest in a new department to study exhaustively pups, and add those layers to their signatures.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Kaspersky is not vulnerable against Marcus, Andrew and George penetration, "The Yankee Brothers". HEHEHE!
but on all of the others AV, they can do it quicky in your noses without you noticing.. Don't worry if you having nothing to hide.
Hurray Russia& kaspersky labs. hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.