Advice Request Which security suite has the best behavior blocker?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Surprising results, especially for kaspersky.

Those results are PUA/PUP, nothing to do with BB/HIPS.

Emsisoft, you should note - seems to be entirely user dependent on decisions with their BB now. It doesn't even TRY to solve the question of good/bad, it asks the user each time. By doing this they reduce false positive, but they also sort of mess up the protection because NoObs are almost always going to answer 'Allow'.

I vote GData for BB primary, second probably Norton. Because both don't rely on user decision. Even though I think GData is buggy, slows down some system aspects, and has weak other modules, the BB is fun.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
f-secure has a good behaviour blocker , but prone to fps ( the time I have used this product ) norton's sonar was also good , the time I used ( allthough it was very slow in picking up / blocking threads ) my vote goes too emsisoft , hearing good things about their bb.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Those results are PUA/PUP, nothing to do with BB/HIPS.
Right on.
That new forum member who posted the misleading test results about Kaspersky a couple of days ago was clearly guilty of the apples and oranges fallacy.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Right on.
That new forum member who posted the misleading test results about Kaspersky a couple of days ago was clearly guilty of the apples and oranges fallacy.

No.

An "old forum member" is clearly lacking in reading comprehension and understanding.

Go back and read the unedited narrative.

And if you have a beef with test results reference Kaspersky, take it up with MRG.

Ridiculous..

Reactions: Deleted member 178

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Emsisoft, Gdata, F-Secure and AVG. Although I am not a fan of AVG/Avast, I have seen tests in the past and AVG's BB is pretty darn strong.

I guess you could include Trend Micro in here as well. I hear a lot from @RoboMan about a strong BB. Just have not seen it in action myself.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Emsisoft, Gdata, F-Secure and AVG. Although I am not a fan of AVG/Avast, I have seen tests in the past and AVG's BB is pretty darn strong.

I guess you could include Trend Micro in here as well. I hear a lot from @RoboMan about a strong BB. Just have not seen it in action myself.
Not a top tier but definitely worth using. Includes some kind of default deny BB. If it doesn't recognize a file which is not in a trusted vendors list it will be triggered and depending on how it acts, it will most probably end up being flagged as suspicious and default block, allowing you to manually allow. Kind cocky, perfect for beginners or people who do not want to deal with choices.

Last edited:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
I do like to see a BB test where:
-internet connection is disabled(no cloud signature/reputation lookups)
-all other protection components are disabled but BB
-different types of malwares tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.