Battle Which Security Suite is the best for a PC with low specs?

ameri9595

Level 1
Thread author
May 20, 2018
Hello all.. :):D

The important specs to know are as following:

index.png

disp.png

I use my laptop for Movies, Internet Browsing, Microsoft Office, Some Engineering Applications like Matlab and Simlink, Photoshop, and I'm constantly downloading..

I'm an advanced user, hence not fooled by spamming materials but I've been infected by Flashdrives, and sometimes by "well-made" infected internet files.

I'm willing to hear your opinions :)
Thank you.

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Mahesh Sudula,

Unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I am not going to get into a long drawn out debate on this, so this will be my last post on the subject, but its very evident that you are thinking this is way more serious than it actually is. You make it seem like they harmed you significantly in some way shape or form. It's very evident that your not a fan of Emsisoft and that's totally fine. Everyone has software they like and dislike and I'm not here to force you to change your mind. I do think you are making this issue WAY bigger than it needs to be.

I agree with Spawn! You cannot assume a website hasn't been compromised in some form just because it belongs to a reputable company. Sites get compromised all the time, if it wasn't compromised, then it was a false positive, it's as simple as that.
i havent dragged the issue ..i just gave my detailed report with proofs
Moreover im not a kind who speaks without any evidence.
As my responsibility i acknowledged what i came across.Its upto that side to receive it or not
in fact the matter is not about Fp's its not Emsisoft..3/4 of the vendors do this
This time emsi caught tomorow another av..cyclic
The thing i proved now is already years back done by Drweb and Kaspersky--> Vendors depend on us to take a decision
iT IS WE who drive this industry. Drweb altogether came out from VB and do their work silently

Reactions: DDE_Server
I

illumination

I won't recommend Eset because it fails easily with flash drive virus. Kaspersky my first option with some tweaking to make it more friendly with your pc or Bitdefender. Both offer great protection.
At this point in time, there should be no users in this forum with Autorun/Autoplay enabled. If you disable this, it will not matter what AV you are running, anything on the flashdrive can not automatically launch, and you can scan the drive with what ever you feel comfortable with before introducing anything to the system from it.

disable.png

baddogai

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2018
I won't recommend Eset because it fails easily with flash drive virus. Kaspersky my first option with some tweaking to make it more friendly with your pc or Bitdefender. Both offer great protection.
Not to flame you or anything but how do you have 400+ messages and years on this forum but not understand AV? It's not like all usb drive viruses will not be detected by ESET. So they missed one sample, happens to all antiviruses. Most autorun viruses don't even work anyway on a tech savvy user. Even naked Windows without AV, common sense is enough to protect from those.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.