Advice Request Which Software to use alongside Avira?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Sorry for posting so many topics this wil be the last one in time.
But as said above wich piece of software is great to fill up Avira?

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
It's free and uses auto-sandboxing to either isolate unknown files from the rest of the system or block their execution outright depending on your settings. You'll need to configure it properly though.

Sorry to steal your reply @LanDude. :oops:
The free is exellent. Im using Comodo right now with ZAM. Comodo has a unigue auto sandbox mechanic and its the best against 0 day threats.
If you wanna go for it use this setting of @cruelsister

But can Avira scan inside the Sandbox? for real time?

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I'd say just add an on demand scanner like Zemana and your good with those 2. Windows Firewall is good enough. :)
Ok but do u also know some real time second opinion hips/ bb blocker?
And also if Avira can scan in sandbox ?
Also is Zonealarm firewall PRO any good option? its now on sale... ;)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
But can Avira scan inside the Sandbox? for real time?
Avira will catch any malware it knows before Comodo has a chance to sandbox it. Anything Avira doesn't know that's malicious will go into the sandbox. It's network access will be blocked (unable to receive or send any information to or from the internet) and if said malware attempts to elevate its privileges to gain administrator access inside the sandbox it will be blocked from executing.

And no, you'll have to add Comodo's program data directory to Avira's exclusions to avoid conflicts; it won't be able to scan inside the sandbox, but this is irrelevant because any zero-days will die inside the sandbox anyway.

You could also go for a companion real-time solution such as Zemana Antimalware Premium or HitmanPro Alert, or a whitelisting solution such as VoodooShield.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Avira will catch any malware it knows before Comodo has a chance to sandbox it. Anything Avira doesn't know that's malicious will go into the sandbox. It's network access will be blocked (unable to receive or send any information to or from the internet) and if said malware attempts to elevate its privileges to gain administrator access inside the sandbox it will be blocked from executing.

And no, you'll have to add Comodo's program data directory to Avira's exclusions to avoid conflicts; it won't be able to scan inside the sandbox, but this is irrelevant because any zero-days will die inside the sandbox anyway.

You could also go for a companion real-time solution such as Zemana Antimalware Premium or HitmanPro Alert, or a whitelisting solution such as VoodooShield.
Is there no free real time scanner such as Zemana?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Ok so can i use Immunet Comodo and Avira? and have the best protection Ever?
Immunet would be redundant if you plan on using Comodo Firewall. Some would say that using any antivirus solution with Comodo Firewall is redundant; it's a pretty bulletproof solution on its own unless you run into malware using a stolen certificate. (Which is why I personally prefer to have an AV installed as well in case such a situation happens.)

Avira + Immunet would work but neither have particularly good zero-day defences so I wouldn't put my trust in it personally.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Immunet would be redundant if you plan on using Comodo Firewall. Some would say that using any antivirus solution with Comodo Firewall is redundant; it's a pretty bulletproof solution on its own unless you run into malware using a stolen certificate. (Which is why I personally prefer to have an AV installed as well in case such a situation happens.)
And immunet+ Avira?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
And immunet+ Avira?
Dude relax, with Avira only you are fine if you dont donwload crap and visit crap sites, just relax.

PS: with Comodo FW ONLY u are protected too, but you need to relax.
What @LanDude said. If you practice safe browsing habits (Use an updated AV, keep Windows and your programs up-to-date, download from safe sources, don't open random attachments or click on random links in emails, use an adblock to foil malvertising, back up data regularly, keep a system image backup in case anything goes wrong) then chances are that you won't run into anything nasty. The best protection from malware is you.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Dude relax, with Avira only you are fine if you dont donwload crap and visit crap sites, just relax.

PS: with Comodo FW ONLY u are protected too, but you need to relax.
Ehm someone from my family downloads everything and just opens everything so i am probaly safe but he not..
What @LanDude said. If you practice safe browsing habits (Use an updated AV, keep Windows and your programs up-to-date, download from safe sources, don't open random attachments or click on random links in emails, use an adblock to foil malvertising, back up data regularly, keep a system image backup in case anything goes wrong) then chances are that you won't run into anything nasty. The best protection from malware is you.
As above said :p

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Ehm someone from my family downloads everything and just opens everything so i am probaly safe but he not..

As above said :p
In that case, I'd go with whatever AV you prefer (Avira?) and Comodo Firewall. Remember to set it up correctly and it will require some user intervention at times. (It does sandbox and block network access to some legitimate programs and files related to those programs now and again but there's blocked applications list that allows you to easily add them as trusted files.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.