May 22, 2017
Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This is what i use. It's the default Weather App on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 3GB SD version running on MIUI 8. It uses some sort of Accuweather API. Best thing is it changes color on my notification depending upon the weather condition.
Screenshot_2017-05-24-00-05-18-348_com.miui.home.png Screenshot_2017-05-24-00-06-05-706_com.miui.weather2.png Screenshot_2017-05-24-00-06-15-787_com.miui.weather2.png Screenshot_2017-05-24-00-06-29-080_com.miui.weather2.png

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
AccuWeather Premium, and I live in a part of what's referred to in the US as "Tornado Alley"
and it has served me well ;)
Living in Tornado Valley, PYKL3 i mentioned above your post would become your best friend.
It was designed for the storm spotter/chaser crowd, and is used by EMT's, Fire Fighters and Police alike all over the US. Unlike most radars that are converted PNG's for the high Def look, that lose much data and accuracy, it is Raw data from the Radar, and extremely accurate.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Living in Tornado Valley, PYKL3 i mentioned above your post would become your best friend.
It was designed for the storm spotter/chaser crowd, and is used by EMT's, Fire Fighters and Police alike all over the US. Unlike most radars that are converted PNG's for the high Def look, that lose much data and accuracy, it is Raw data from the Radar, and extremely accurate.
Thanks, but AccuWeather is for early alerts, in the heat of the moment I have a Bearcat scanner, I got it last year and it
is a godsend its truly what I use once I shut down the PC and all major eletronics to save them from surges.
I have a power pack that I run it on. It's the BCT15 model.
BCT15.png

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Thanks, but AccuWeather is for early alerts, in the heat of the moment I have a Bearcat scanner, I got it last year and it
is a godsend its truly what I use once I shut down the PC and all major eletronics to save them from surges.
I have a power pack that I run it on. It's the BCT15 model.
View attachment 152494
Nice looking scanner and use of. I have a NOAA weather radio on battery back up, the app above on my Android, which can run until I lose cell "4G" signal, another app "scanner radio pro" by Gordon Edwards, which has access to police/fire feeds as well as National Weather Service, combined together I'm quite prepared for bad weather and emergencies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Nice looking scanner and use of. I have a NOAA weather radio on battery back up, the app above on my Android, which can run until I lose cell "4G" signal, another app "scanner radio pro" by Gordon Edwards, which has access to police/fire feeds as well as National Weather Service, combined together I'm quite prepared for bad weather and emergencies.
Thats good to have (NOAA)
This BCT15 has NOAA realtime break in's. meaning no matter what I am listening to on the scanner if a "local" alert is issued to tunes to it automatically, that's potentially life saving for this area.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
weather & clock widget
it's the lightest weather and clock widget I have ever tested. I tested ~20 similar apps and this comsumes the least resources and has the best battery life

I prefer the forcast of accuweather but this app doesn't have accuweather built-in. The forcast is OK thouh

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Dark Sky for Android.

I generally hate the UI of most weather apps I've come across; they tend to make you have to scroll a fair way down or swipe left and right to view useful information which annoys me.

Dark Sky rightly receives a lot of backlash for charging a £3 yearly subscription fee on Android while on iOS it's a one-time purchase but I'm willing to pay up if they're using said money to improve their service. That said I'd be open to using another weather app if it doesn't conform to the scroll/swipe criteria I mentioned above if anyone can recommend one.

I use Dark Sky as well. Another good one is Weather Timeline - Forecast - Android Apps on Google Play

However if you don't like scrolling maybe it is not for you. Dev is really good and it's nice for the radar. You can also use Dark Sky for the weather provider. ;)

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I use Pocket Weather, it's the best weather app I've used.
It gives all of the information I could want out of a weather app.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I use Dark Sky as well. Another good one is Weather Timeline - Forecast - Android Apps on Google Play

However if you don't like scrolling maybe it is not for you. Dev is really good and it's nice for the radar. You can also use Dark Sky for the weather provider. ;)
I dropped Dark Sky after my subscription ran out. It went from incredibly good to wildly inaccurate in the span of a few months for my area. I also came to realise I don't care enough about real-time rain alerts to justify paying for them.

Using The Weather Channel now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.