Which would be the best USB Flash Drive Vendor to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi all, i'm planning to purchase a new USB flash drive (usb 3.0; 16/8 Gb). So i want recommendations over this topic. All comments are approved.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as I've used numerous USB's from known brands until to imitation label ;), seems you can go either Transcend or SanDisk.

Although other brands doesn't mean are bad already, caused actually they have no problems just consider support for 2.0 USB above and mostly it bundles of USB backup software.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I thing the SanDisk also will be a good choice alone USB I use this company and I can not complain I had no trouble.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well as I've used numerous USB's from known brands until to imitation label ;), seems you can go either Transcend or SanDisk.

Although other brands doesn't mean are bad already, caused actually they have no problems just consider support for 2.0 USB above and mostly it bundles of USB backup software.
Whats ur opinion over Usb 2.0 and 3.0

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Just got a new Sandisk a few weeks ago and its amazing no problems so far.
USB 3.0 is faster and more efficient.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I choose sandisk, but kingston are good too and, is not in the list.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I use Corsair & Patriot.I have also used Sandisk as well as PNY

Note: I have added an "Other " option to the poll for those who use and or prefer another brand than those listed

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
I've using SanDisk for 3 years, and its just good, no problems so far
They also give >5 yrs warranty

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I would absolutely recommend Kingston. I have been using them for a long time, never had any problem and they seem to have a very long life. My 2 GB one is more than 5 years old and still runs smoothly. As for Sandisk, they come in plastic and the plastic breaks very quickly, also they don't seem to have a long life. I see a lot of people around me using SD product but nearly all of them face some kind of problem. I myself had one and it didn't last long. So, I bought another Kingston and its been more than 2 years, and no problem.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Whats ur opinion over Usb 2.0 and 3.0

Well they have difference in terms of speed for performing read and write capabilities during transferring of data. Majority of USB can run well even not included to the label of 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.