RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I'd like to make use of this Space Bar to know you guys a little. Who are you? What do you do? How did you get to like technology/IT? We all made our introductions but i hardly think we told much in there.

I'm 20 years old, i was born in Spain, lived there for a few years. Learn Spanish. When a kid, traveled and oficially moved to the States because of my parents work. By the age of 10 i got my first phone. It was horrible and it sucked, but i loved it. My love for the electronic device got me into informatics. By 2011, i think, i started saving to get my first smartphone. Samsung Galaxy Mini. After that i became a smartphone addict and know own one of the best market phones. And i change it every year :p

Ending 2015, i lost my best friend, and i got really really down. I quit my job and dropped university. I was diagnosed with clinical depression. It wasn't until i knew some person that introduced me into Reiki and Body Energy until i started understanding how life & death worked. After that, i learnt how to let my friend go to let myself grow. A few months later, thanks to this person, i met my actual boss. Together, we planified the 10th World Peace Forum, an international event that put together thousand of people from around the world, fighting for peace. It took place on Brasil and it let me know a lot of young and grown up delightful people, who claimed what i claimed. Here i learnt Portuguese and achieved my third language. I highlight this experience and the reiki fact the two most important events of my life. Both let me grow up emotionally and helped me understand the concept of life.

And here i am. I work everyday for many projects, and one of them is to communicate peace makers and fight to get a more united world. Now the question is, who are you? :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm James Carlo M. Valdeavilla, 20 years old, currently living in the Philippines after 17 years in overseas (Saudi Arabia where I've born there) studied from Pre-school to High School.

Honestly I would like to thank MalwareTips for this opportunity, since I've found my clear path of career and that's related in computer technology and security.

The forum became an instrument to continue molding myself to aware in the technology aspects especially in cybersecurity.

--------------------------

I've experienced struggles during my Elementary and High School years, my social communication is isolated and felt so pity at all.

But it does not compromise within my studies, although sometimes loneliness occurred however I fight against the odds.
I believe where opportunities would come in a right matter of time.

I was also victim of bullying and the social media highly influence to post some abusive photos without my permission.

Today everything is different, a new life with great opportunities.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I am a student of computer science, from Italy, and my goal is to get my degree at the university with malware analysis specialization.
I thank MT for the continuous and fantastic input that I get every day.
Not an easy life, with similar problems as many other people, as I guess.
Unfortunately, we are not alone in suffering, but the "show must go on".
I lost my best friend a few months ago and it was not an easy process, but I believe that everything has a deep meaning.
We can only understand this meaning, but it is difficult.

I agree with @jamescv7 and I thank him as I thank all of the members who will have the courage to post here.

Just who gets up when he falls is a winner!

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks both for being honest with all of us. To whoever feels like sharing his story with us, you're welcome :) You don't have to write your whole life story, whatever you feel like sharing. @jamescv7 i was a bullying victim as well, i didn't want to put it here because i didn't want to make my post too extense or share all my life issues with you guys, didn't wanna look like the victim. @tim one thanks for sharing as well. I know it's difficult, even now, 1 year later, i still have pain inside of me, but i've learn to live with it. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to PM me. I'm here if you need me. If anyone needs me. I do not limit my profile. :)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
What does not kill you does make you stronger and more resilient!!
Sounds cliched but from personal hardships along the way I have found this to be spot on true!!
At 49 there have been many challenges with work, health, family etc,but that is what life is all about and
by moving through and conquering them we gain an inner strength.:)

W

Wave

I am just a normal student, I don't even study computing/security in real education... Everything I know was learnt from home on the computer using just resources available to me for free pretty much. I never did a course for anything or follow an order, I just learnt freely in my own time with my own pace and interests. I am also interested a lot in health-care and I like to study how some drugs work, like marijuana for example, I find it very interesting to study these things too.

This forum has helped me a lot because the more I post on specific topics I strengthen my own knowledge with endurance to keep remembering things and refresh my mind on things I previously learnt.

I am actually a security software developer (working on some software currently), but also interested in other areas of software development such as OS development (although I never got very far for anything special, just basic kernel work really).

Not even older than 19 years old, haven't finished education either.

Nothing special, just a normal story. And some stories on here were really sad, about losing close friends and stuff :( I am sorry anyone has to go through this :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hello students, greetings from retired man.:)
I wish you to successfully finish the studies.
I had got my first computer over thirty years ago, and had to write programs in assembler and Fortran. I studied theoretical physics, and especially like Quantum Physics. Many years ago I postgraduated Informatics, but it was always my hobby, not the profession.
@RoboMan I'm sorry for your loss. I also lost my friend, and my son has a depression disease. It is not easy to recover, but you have friends here to help.:)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I am a heavy duty mechanic from Western Australia. I have only been a computer user for five years but have turned into an addict since joining MT a few years back. There is just so much to learn. :)

Happily Married with one child. ;)

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Good old times. Will never forget the first baby steps on a Commodore C64 with a cassette recorder, followed by the Amiga 500. My first PC was a self-built 386 DX-40. :D

Life so far has taken me down all kinds of roads so far, yet most of them interesting and rewarding. Started out as a repair tech in the entertainment industry (TVs, VCRs, sound systems and the like), joined the military for a decade, fixed up aircraft around the globe and finally settled on selling and setting up whatever's needed at the point-of-sale with a marked preference for bars and restaurants.

Together with my better half for 14 years, got a cat and a dog. No kids, the former are a boat-load already. Plus genders are distributed evenly now and I'd fear to tip the scales in the wrong direction. :eek::p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.