Advice Request Who is attacking me?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Kaspersky blocked a network attack just now, and when I look at the logs, I've been attacked multiple times. Scans come up with nothing. I think something could've gotten through as I left voodooshield on training for a few days. Check the file I uploaded, it's the logs of the attacks. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Attacks.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 741
W

Wave

Run some scans with a couple on-demand scanners and if it doesn't pick anything up then create a FRST log and post it in the MRA section for TwinHeadedEagle to look at just to double check that your system is actually clean since malware can leak your IP address to the attacker and this can then be used to attack you via botnet infected systems and the such.

I wouldn't get paranoid about it though because then you'll become stressed and won't be thinking straight, and in this situation you'll just make things worse than resolved.

W

Wave

Routers are first line against "attackers" and are not uncommon?
To be completely honest I am not sure because networking is more of a weakness of mine than a strength, but I guess for what it's worth he may as well make a log and post it in the MRA as it could lead to somewhere but I am not actually sure.

Reactions: AtlBo and askmark

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Kaspersky blocked a network attack just now, and when I look at the logs, I've been attacked multiple times. Scans come up with nothing. I think something could've gotten through as I left voodooshield on training for a few days. Check the file I uploaded, it's the logs of the attacks. Thanks in advance!
Someone from the internet is scanning your PC for a Sql server listener (udp port 1434) which is used by the Slammer worm to infect networks.

If Kaspersky is intercepting these attacks then either a) you don't have a hardware router with builtin firewall or b) you've placed your PC in the router"s DMZ (all inbound internet traffic effectively bypasses the router and is sent directly your PC). Either way is a very risky way to be connected to the internet.

How does your PC connect to the internet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.