Why. Does. Everyone. Use. AVG.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Back on these days when AVG 7.5 is one of the most popular AV to be used by people. Then since it came from AVG 8.0 a big changes from its interface however its known to be criticized when Anti-Rootkit feature isn't include in free version and its really crucial and needed.

But since it came from AVG 9.0 and above its likely anything were already filled with good features.

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
Why does everyone use avg ? First, Avast have 185 millions of download so not everyone use AVG.
For me Avg 2012 is really great and the behavior blocker is working better than avast behavior shield.(even avast 7)

VLK (avast team in response about behavior shield of avast): That is, the point of the Behav Shield never was to be a HIPS. Instead, it's used internally by the other shields to monitor the system as well as help the detections by means of feeding the CommunityIQ data.--- (So not really proactive if you ask me...)

I don't hate avast, i am even testing avast 7 beta right now.

D

Deleted member 178

I never used AVG and im not willing to do ever...why? because i can have better solutions. :p

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
windowsdefender said:
AVG (AntiVirus Guard), It guards you from a proper antivirus.

LOLOL! Haha! Laughed when I saw this! AVG people are so ignorant and brainwashed by AVG!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Valentin N said:
Many users looks at cnet.com, which is very popular as well liked, and guess who is the first av is on the list? AVG and then Avast; look here for yourself.

Avast is the first av now!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.