Why does Google Chrome load websites slow... But firefox doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I am not too sure why firefox is faster at loading webpages... But why is chrome loading them slowly?

My internet speed is pretty good.

(Not sure if this is correct section)

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Both are almost same. there should be no noticable difference in time taken to load a page.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
firefox has some tricks under its sleeves to speed things up.If you go into the "about:config section,then there are changes you can make to speed up page loading.Also with the no script extension running this speeds up things even more.

Reactions: Oxygen

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
firefox has some tricks under its sleeves to speed things up.If you go into the "about:config section,then there are changes you can make to speed up page loading.Also with the no script extension running this speeds up things even more.
I thought no-script was only for firefox?

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I am not too sure why firefox is faster at loading webpages... But why is chrome loading them slowly?

My internet speed is pretty good.

(Not sure if this is correct section)
are you use eset ?
try to uncheck protocol content filtering

K7X2HbG.png

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
I guess your chrome profile must be corrupted. Try resetting the user profile. I am not a chrome user so I don't have the instructions. You can google that.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Try temporarily disabling Zenmate!

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
The zenmate proxy service seems very slow. So that is the cause of slow loading of webpages in chrome.

Zenmate also has paid service. So definitly they will give slow speed to free users.

remove zenamte extension from chrome and see the magic.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
The zenmate proxy service seems very slow. So that is the cause of slow loading of webpages in chrome.

Zenmate also has paid service. So definitly they will give slow speed to free users.

remove zenamte extension from chrome and see the magic.
I barely see any changes after i removed it....
Is there any other browser other than chrome or firefox?

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Now i believe when you say "I could go cook some food and chrome would still be stuck loading."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.