Advice Request Why I run Comodo 12.0.0.6882 and not 12.2.2.7036 or higher

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Chuck57

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
MOD EDIT:
Original post was made on Post #2, however when Chuck57 post was moved, it got moved to #1.
Soul

6882 is where I am and what is still being recommended on their forum as the last stable, reliable, build. I don't know what's going on with the manic elves at Comodo these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Although I do not publicly test security solutions anymore, I still do test in my spare time and do extensive testing + do my research on available forums etc.

v 12.0.0.6882 was regarded as most stable in the 12.0 to 12.1 lineup.

Such version also does not have the dreaded ninja icon disappearance that plagues 12.2.7036 and still plagues on current beta 12.2.2.7062 Beta 2

Furthermore, many of the reported issues is tied mainly to CAV, whilst some are affected on both CAV and CFW, however for the average user, version 6882 is good enough.

One thing however I did disable and many people probably dont know or havent looked at the forum is: CIS Causes System Restore to fail.

This was first reported in version 6818 and the only way around is to disable:
disable 'Apply the selected action to unrecognized autorun entries related to new / modified registry items' option.

Note that I do use system restore aside from my normal backups, so the above option being disabled is the only extra I applied to @cruelsister config.

Feel free to share your opinions and experiences.

On a final note, my low end system runs CIS, while most other systems have been nearly all migrated to WiseVector + Windows Defender + Comodo Firewall (6882).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.