why is this an aggregator site

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyToAllWorld

Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2013
why is this more of a security aggregator site than an actual discussions forum. all everyone ever posts is links to news articles.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Far from just an aggregator website if that's what you're implying.

There are many various topics that can be shared and discussed aswell as members starting topics with a subject of their choosing to discuss in many of the various forums and subforums (and even vote on with the poll feature)

Just look at the main navigation menu for MalwareTips and the options you can click on, You can post your opinion on members security configurations, discuss new threats in the security forum, share a neat giveaway for a security software in the giveaways section, post up a tutorial on how-to configure or do something specified with a program, vote and discuss similar programs in the war room, write up a review (or record a video) on what you think of a program in the reviews section and of course find interesting news topics from across the web and post them here to discuss with members. I haven't said everything that you can do on MalwareTips but from what I can see there is plenty of forums and subforums to perform in discussions and start discussions not relating to news or other sources.

all everyone ever posts is links to news articles.

So saying that couldn't be further from the truth. Look around, use the search feature, I have 4 whole pages with various topics being discussed by members and only a few of them are actual news.

Are you against news being shared here at all? Would you rather members go elsewhere to find the news and leave their comments elsewhere rather than discuss a news topic with members of this community instead? Is there something wrong with being a hub with a little dash of everything?

Personally I'm fine with the news and I enjoy seeing what's new with the news when I sign in, Certainly saves a visit or two having to browse numerous other websites that are actually dedicated to news.

If there are serious problems you are experiencing with MalwareTips you can private message the Staff.

If you have suggestions or ideas you would like to see you can either start a topic to see what other members thoughts are or just private message the Staff.

Just remember all the staff are volunteers here including those who spend their time helping members remove infections on their PC (Fiery, kuttus), You aren't paying for anything while being on MalwareTips so expecting and demanding specified content YOU want would be wrong, not that I am implying that's what you're getting at but I'm just throwing that out there. :)

Cheers.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
FlyToAllWorld, by all means feel free to get stuck in to discussions.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
why is this more of a security aggregator site than an actual discussions forum. all everyone ever posts is links to news articles.

Not true at all.
Articles that are posted are extremely significant relative to the latest malware threats, program bugs, etc..
Furthermore, many novices have received excellent support here, free of charge.

Thanks for stopping in.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
We also try very hard to keep controversial subjects confined to "Space Bar". Of course, with all the malware of today being maliciously utilized by many governments and cults, malware discussions can sometimes be interpreted as controversial by some private activist groups or national governments.

FlyToAllWorld

Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2013
all I see are half-baked reviews of various security products, promotions and giveaways of various security products, news of the releases/updates of various security products, somewhat generic guides and/or tutorials and not much else. I wouldn't call these discussions.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
all I see are half-baked reviews of various security products, promotions and giveaways of various security products, news of the releases/updates of various security products, somewhat generic guides and/or tutorials and not much else. I wouldn't call these discussions.

Use the search engine and you shall find a plethora of PC related knowledge and solutions to issues of all types regarding hardware and software.
Furthermore, you will see that many PC's have had nasty infections cleaned with the valuable assistance of our quality staff.

FlyToAllWorld

Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2013
I mentioned half-baked tutorials, haven't I? Support doesn't mean discussion. It's person A asking a question and person B answering, with the occasional comment from person D.

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Gnosis said:

Not true at all.
Articles that are posted are extremely significant relative to the latest malware threats, program bugs, etc..
Furthermore, many novices have received excellent support here, free of charge.

Thanks for stopping in.

May I add, there is more offered here than what may be found elsewhere and most is likely covered here if it has any value! Plus we get leads to any truly useful links. Its the best of both worlds, Peer to Peer plus aggregate advantages.

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
FlyToAllWorld said:
I mentioned half-baked tutorials, haven't I? Support doesn't mean discussion. It's person A asking a question and person B answering, with the occasional comment from person D.

Am I mistaken or are you really not very happy here? Rather than complain, perhaps you could add something to the collective knowledge here. Maybe even tutorials you do not consider to be "half baked".

I learn a lot here by the minute and am grateful!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
FlyToAllWorld said:

If you would like to contribute some of your knowledge, it will be appreciated, but complaining doesn't solve any problems or make the forums better.

We are all here on volunteer basis, we have more important things to do in our lives which will always take top priority. Some of us only have limited time to spend on the forums and we do as much as we can do. It is always good to have members that can dedicate their time to help this forum and we do appreciate these members because if they don't provide enough for you maybe you should either consider helping out or going some place else where they might have what you want. Content won't magically appear because you complain.

Thanks. :D

D

Deleted member 178

i can say only one thing to the OP: Trolololol ^^

btw, we can have nice discusions about the weather, the apocalypse, the subsersive manifesto made by satanic sects to overthrow the Church, the various governmental conspiracies, why they put a gps under our skin while we were babies, why pamela Anderson doesn't attract me anymore, etc...

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
FlyToAllWorld said:
Uh, troll alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.