Why MalwareTips is more popular than Wilders.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
A couple of reasons why MalwareTips is more popular than Wilders:

1 - We have members who actually test products and give reviews and opinions - you can see the results for yourself and form an opinion, as opposed to viewing results from sites that publish results that may have been tainted by $$$$$$$.
2 - Our members can actually help you remove malware from your machine.

List any other reasons you can think of why MalwareTips is THE place on the web to be informed about malware.

MalwareTips - snapshot.jpg

Wilders - 2.jpg

Last edited:

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
A couple of reasons why MalwareTips is more popular than Wilders:

1 - We have members who actually test products and give reviews and opinions - you can see the results for yourself and form an opinion, as opposed to viewing results from sites that publish results that may have been tainted by $$$$$$$.
2 - Our members can actually help you remove malware from your machine.

List any other reasons you can think of why MalwareTips is THE place on the web to be informed about malware.

MalwareTips - View attachment 13564

Wilders - View attachment 13565
I don't know where you got those numbers.
Wilders has more than 100k members and MT has over 10k.
One thing I really like about MT, is users can ask an opinion about a product, if its lighter or greater. Those kind of questions are not possible in Wilders.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
  • Not many sections there
  • The members there are just horrible
  • I can't set a avatar on their forum
  • Not a active community
    • I think there are lot more sections in Wilders.
    • Agree little bit. I have seen people quarrelling and mods had to intervene.
    • You can set avatar once you post 50 posts(not really sure on that number).
  • Not a active community
    • Again, not true. If you are going to look at only Security related forum then maybe. But there are other threads for Linux, Backup and Images etc,.

Last edited:

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
  • Not a active community
    • Again, not true. If you going to look at only Security related forum then maybe. But there are other threads for Linux, Backup and Images etc,.
so true

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
I don't know where you got those numbers.
Wilders has more than 100k members and MT has over 10k.
One thing I really like about MT, is users can ask an opinion about a product, if its lighter or greater. Those kind of questions are not possible in Wilders.
Those numbers are on the start page on each site. MalwareTips consistently has more members and guests viewing online than Wilders.
sp.jpg

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
  • Not a active community
    • Again, not true. If you are going to look at only Security related forum then maybe. But there are other threads for Linux, Backup and Images etc,.
When I joined I instantly left.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Wilders Security is full of political correctness, you cant even compare antivirus software against eachother, let alone share malware samples.

MalwareTips is more democratic and fun to be around ...

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
The only security forum that I always visited everyday is just MT :D
But sometimes I visited wilders by google, and from my opinion and first impression..MT has better design, and probably more friendly community? also..my friend told me which on wilders most members there usually advising a new member by using/installing bunch of softwares, which is pretty different on MT, on MT we are advised to keep your softwares as minimal as possible but with proper config and common sense, light and secure..MT advised it's users to be more careful..well of course I'm not really sure about that since I never experienced that nor created an account on wilders o_O

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
As someone who looked at both sites before deciding to join MalwareTips I can only really speak for how it appeared to me on the outside. But for me, MalwareTips seemed much more friendly, new members here were welcomed with warmth whereas at Wilders, people didn't seem interested in getting to know who you are, only what your OS was and what your security was like etc. So for me at least, MalwareTips was a forum that has a community whereas Wilders was a forum that has discussions.

I may be wrong of course having never posted at Wilders, but that's just what it looks like on the outside, and I think the friendliness of everybody here can best be summed up by the fact that I really feel comfortable here to share my opinion, be active and feel motivated to help people here out wherever I can :)

D

Deleted member 178

in fact i used both sites everyday, of course MT is always open because i am staff members but Wilders and MT has some differences and common points, but there it is what i can say:

about Wilders:

pros:

- Wilders has more professional members, they are very knowledgeable, and work for IT companies. a product tested by Wilders members can be sure to be almost bugless at the release.
- many vendors use Wilders as beta testground (Emsisoft, Appguard, Webroot, Shadow Defender, etc... earlier ESET forum was in Wilders)
- Wilders always has the new infos , active members there always lurks about the newest IT infos; MT is behind for that , and i can say we relay some infos discovered by Wilders :p
- Wilders has a Linux section !!!!!!

cons:

- because their policies, Wilders can't be really friendly , it is like to go to the big hypermarket and MT is like your "corner-of-the-street" retailer.
- members are a bit overlooking, beginners users can't stay long there because the language used there rapidly goes very technical , and if the user is a bit "dumb" , the few helpers surrender.
- many restrictions, so you don't feel at home.

About MalwareTips:

pros:

- me ! yes me , you have skills, knowledge, sense of humour, straightforwardness and "ironhand in velvet gloves" , all in one :p
- we have awesome giveaways !!! posted by awesome giveaway staff members ! acknowledged by awesome Administrators/Moderators.
- we are less restriction, and we let you talk with your own words more freely until the thread start to be a troll/flamming vector. we like your opinion and if it goes against ours, we like debate with you without the threat of a ban !
- we have the uber "malware hub", "malware removal" , "reviews" and the most famous of all : the hyped "war room" section.
- you are a dumb beginner or a skillfull member, we treat you the same (except for very very very dumb person,we surrender after 20 posts)
- we like to ask your opinion what you think about some changes we may do about the forum.
- we try to orient you to the most efficient and harmless way to setup your system; and always respect your choices even if it is a FOOLISH one !!
- we talk with simple words and instructions, easy to follow.

Cons:

- we have BoraMurdar and Malware1, sorry for that :D
- we have less skills/knowledge , but since our members are mostly "just above average Joe" is enough to help them.
- we don't have a LINUX SECTION !!!!
- we sometimes enforce by force ( :p ) some rules because we can predict it will goes bad.

Common points between Wilders and MT:

- xenforo , we use the same forum kit , Wilders look old because their active members like old themes ^^
- we are both knowledgeable, what it said on both forum is generally right.
- we have the same goal, secure and teach you about security as best as we can.

FINAL NOTE

Thanks to be MT's members, we are nothing without each of you, and we never forget that.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.