Why should I turn on "site blocking" feature provided by anti-malware soft?

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Good evening all! Thank you for your access here.
Now I am having a question about effecting of dangerous site blocking feature.

Some anti-malware softs are having too agressive site blocker.
Their blocker disconnect connection to websites which are obviously safe.

I think that some people, who are using anti-malware soft, which is including too agressive site blocker,
want to disable only this feature.

But the most of softs are showing that "You are in dangerous" or "This PC is in dangerous situation" when users turn off only site blocking feature.
I also faced the situation like above.

I want to ask you that...

Question 1:
Why should not the user turn off "site blocking feature" provided by anti-malware soft(Not "WEB scanning feature" or "HTTP scanning feature")?

Question 2:
The most of anti-malware software are showing warning even when the user turns off only Site blocking feature.
Are these warning correct in terms of keeping PC security?

Question 3:
I am using the latest edtion of Mozilla Firefox, and enable default "blocking feature" at "Security" tab of "Option" page of Firefox.
And I am also using ublock origin which is included "Malware domains" and "Malware Domains List" filters.
(I don't want to use some security addons (e.g. Adguard or Avira Browser Safety) because of heavy and not supporting e10s of Firefox).
Even if I keep turning on avobe feature, should I enable site blocking feature provided by anti-malware soft?

Windows 10 Home/ OS is updated completely every time/
Mozilla Firefox/ Ublock origin/

I hope your participation to this thread, and answer here.
My replies may be delayed too long, but I will read all messages from every one. And my sentence may be not enough for understanding my question.
If you have some question about my sentence, please tell me about it.

Thank you!

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Good evening all! Thank you for your access here.
Now I am having a question about effecting of dangerous site blocking feature.

Some anti-malware softs are having too agressive site blocker.
Their blocker disconnect connection to websites which are obviously safe.

I think that some people, who are using anti-malware soft, which is including too agressive site blocker,
want to disable only this feature.

But the most of softs are showing that "You are in dangerous" or "This PC is in dangerous situation" when users turn off only site blocking feature.
I also faced the situation like above.

I want to ask you that...

Question 1:
Why should not the user turn off "site blocking feature" provided by anti-malware soft(Not "WEB scanning feature" or "HTTP scanning feature")?

Question 2:
The most of anti-malware software are showing warning even when the user turns off only Site blocking feature.
Are these warning correct in terms of keeping PC security?

Question 3:
I am using the latest edtion of Mozilla Firefox, and enable default "blocking feature" at "Security" tab of "Option" page of Firefox.
And I am also using ublock origin which is included "Malware domains" and "Malware Domains List" filters.
(I don't want to use some security addons (e.g. Adguard or Avira Browser Safety) because of heavy and not supporting e10s of Firefox).
Even if I keep turning on avobe feature, should I enable site blocking feature provided by anti-malware soft?

Windows 10 Home/ OS is updated completely every time/
Mozilla Firefox/ Ublock origin/

I hope your participation to this thread, and answer here.
My replies may be delayed too long, but I will read all messages from every one. And my sentence may be not enough for understanding my question.
If you have some question about my sentence, please tell me about it.

Thank you!
Personally when I run a Suite, I disable the webfilters and or "toolbars or extensions", and use Unlock Origin with custom filters and rules, VtChromizer to check search URL's and websites, and also IP and Domain to check validity "whois" of the websites as well as relying on the built in malware and phishing protection of Chrome. This keeps me in charge, and in many cases is less strain on the browser regarding loading times.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
anti malware soft has option to continue if user wants to visit the site even after warning. however before clicking to proceed you can check the url at virustotal .

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Good evening everyone, I've just came back here now.
At first, thank you for your replies! I will use your opinion for keeping secure-PC of me.

I decided that I will use ublock origin extension with some malware filters as blocking feature for avoiding dangerous sites.
Of cause, I'm also going to use "Site blocking feature" provided by anti-malware solution of my PC.

See you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.