Compared to Avast, and even Bitdefender, the size of Comodo definitions is huge!
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
More "comprehensive" than Bitdefender?!Comodo's large definition size is due to its comprehensive threat database. It includes definitions for a wide range of threats, ensuring robust protection.
Not necessarily more comprehensive, but Comodo may include different threat definitions. The size doesn't always indicate better protection. Both have their strengths.More "comprehensive" than Bitdefender?!
Agree, it is not necessarily related to the level of protection.Not necessarily more comprehensive, but Comodo may include different threat definitions. The size doesn't always indicate better protection. Both have their strengths.
Yes, it can be. Comodo uses a default-deny approach to unknown files, requiring a larger database of safe file definitions. This could contribute to the larger size.Agree, it is not necessarily related to the level of protection.
Is it related to the way the product work?
and I though B is the definitions beast!Comodo definitions include the "meaning of life" in there somewhere!![]()
It is a full update, regardless how frequent it is released.Maybe it is a weekly update not daily update, if you look at Avast and Bitdefender their signatures are released on May 16 while Comodo on May 14.
But isn't Comodo rely on cloud more than signatures?It is a full update, regardless how frequent it is released.
I'm not sure; used it only as a firewall long time ago; uninstalled after a short period as I made my old PC slow.But isn't Comodo rely on cloud more than signatures?
The size looks odd, compared to rivals.I don't know, its something I've never worried about.
Possible, but as I said I don't care as I have tons of space on my computer just waiting to be used.The size looks odd, compared to rivals.
Larger definitions database with lower detection rateit's called variation , each antivirus engine has an different programming , most are capable of detection each variant of a threat with a reference, so one simple signature can detect thousands variation of that. eset kaspersky and bitdefender are the most caple of this kind of detection. specially eset and kaspersky. the database of comodo is huge because its engine is much less intelligent and less capable of detection of variants of a same threat so more digital fingerprint of threats are needed to stay in a good shape![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes