Advice Request Will diskeeper Dump your SSD ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

So. iam asking my pc runs 1 ssd ( system ) and 2 hdd i did test Diskeeper but.
will this kill my SSD faster ?
Increase the Speed and Performance of HDD & SSD | Condusiv Technologies
didnt find a option to exclude the SSD....

and if it will dump it.do you guys thinkg raxco perfect disk is the same good ?

Nt necessary unless your SSD is filled beyond 75 % capacity.

Use built-in Optimize Drives if you are on W8/8.1 or 10.

Will it trash your SSD ?

I don't think so, but I have never personally used it.

L

LabZero

Diskeeper automatically recognizes the presence of SSD drives in the system and, in this case, adjusting its characteristics. If on your system there are also mechanics HDD, the software is perfectly capable of handling it.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Diskeeper automatically recognizes the presence of SSD drives in the system and, in this case, adjusting its characteristics. If on your system there are also mechanics HDD, the software is perfectly capable of handling it.
but doesnt this hyperfast stuff hurt the ssd ? sound actually like a "space"defrag.... and at every corner i hear dont defrag ssd ! ^^

Howard Butler

Level 1
Nov 2, 2016
but doesnt this hyperfast stuff hurt the ssd ? sound actually like a "space"defrag.... and at every corner i hear dont defrag ssd ! ^^

Diskeeper Hyperfast is not preforming "space" defrag. Hyperfast was developed in conjunction with SSD manufactures with the purpose to help the Windows NTFS from allocating the tiny small segments of free space as referenced by the $Bitmap thus preventing excessive Windows Split IO. This technology is very helpful in pre-staging the writes to reduce the negative effects of Write Amplification and improve the life span of SSDs. BTW... TRIM and garbage collection does not address this condition.

Reactions: randj89 and DardiM

Howard Butler

Level 1
Nov 2, 2016
About Diskeeper's 16 new IntelliMemory feature - is it something similar to Samsung's Rapid mode?
I do know that Condusiv Technologies has OEM agreements to produce software for many of the PC and SSD manufactures, so it's no surprise that there are some similarities. I think Diskeeper 16 IntelliMemory will have a better real world performance gain on reads because it is not limited to 1GB of memory like Samsung RAPID mode is.

Reactions: randj89 and DardiM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.