Win 10 64 Clean Install Drivers Install Scene

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I downloaded latest Win 10 64 Home ISO with Media Creation Tool. And prepared bootable ISO with latest Rufus portable.

I clean install Win 10 64 Home with this bootable ISO on 3 laptop, HP (almost similar to mine), Acer & my laptop HP.
On both HP & Acer no probs.

I tried 3 clean install on my HP laptop (I had already installed Win 10 on first stable release & no probs were there) install, windows updates & everything is fine.
BUT on first windows updates it find couple updates & everything installs fine except graphic & audio drivers. It mention error failed to install. And for other installed updates I have to restart the system. After system restart on settings panel windows updates mention there were probs with some updates, Retry. I click retry & windows updates starts checking windows updates & mention up-to-date. I checked graphic & audio drivers on device manager & it mention drivers working fine. No yellow icon or anything. Graphic & Audio on the system seems fine.
But whenever I start system it remains black for couple mins (little longer than normal) & screen directly appears on logon screen or sometimes I press enter few times & then logon screen appears. Subsequent restart no probs. But if I shutdown the system the same prob i.e first start with black screen & subsequent restart no probs.

I am thinking of uninstall/reinstall drivers. How to do it?
I mean on device manager 1 graphic driver is shown. When I click show hidden devices 1 more graphic driver is shown that seems the same. And 5 audio drivers are shown (IDT & guess windows inbuilt), show hidden devices show 3 more drivers.
Do I have to uninstall each & everyone or uninstalling one will automatically uninstall all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Actually, the subsequent updates after the 1511 Fall Update caused some errors too on my netbook. I had no choice but to return to 8.1. Or, I could defer updates temporarily in Win 10 upon clean install of 1511 Fall Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.